Sex Wax

Skeg1

Oct 11, 2021
Texas
I've been using Matunas for several years. Stays tacky longer than any other brand I've ever tried. Other than that Sticky Bumps and Mrs. Palmers are good. To me Sex Wax is hot garbage!! I don't know if it may have to do with body chemistry or what, but every time I've had to use it, it gets very slick and slippery after 10 mins.
I may have to give Matunas a try

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
Do sweeping generalizations say something about their author?
I don't sweep, the wind takes care of that. But I pick up tens of thousands of pieces of plastic debris off regional beaches. Been doing it since the mid-80's. With that many data points it's legitimate in my book.

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
I see some folk with what seems like the equivalent to 5 bars of wax on their board

this is me.

i just rewaxed a new to me board and used
tropical/basecoat
warm/cool
cool/cold

and with the dropping ocean temps you know that cold water wax will be on it soon. to be fair, if i hadn't have had an extra bar of the warm/cool laying around i would've just gone with two temps, but i do a heavy layer of base for bumps so that theres always at least a textured grip even if my cold sticky layer fades away.

is it overkill? absolutely. do i do it anyway? you betcha

miscreant

May 20, 2016
I don't sweep, the wind takes care of that. But I pick up tens of thousands of pieces of plastic debris off regional beaches. Been doing it since the mid-80's. With that many data points it's legitimate in my book.
classic.

lashSD

Apr 24, 2021
San Diego
I'm a Sex Wax Tropical (Blue) Basecoat/ Cool (Green) Cold (Purple) depending on the season guy. Works for me. Sticky Bumps works fine too. I'm not that brand loyal just a creature of habit.

I used Matunas during lockdown last year when all the surf shops were closed. Got some off a guy on CL selling wax at cost, hell of a good samaritan. It was super tacky in a good way up front but I found it getting slimy over time and just smearing around. Also it made my car smell like a urinal cake. Don't think I'll use it again unless I have to. That was the Cold temp wax in Santa Cruz winter temps for reference.

Skeg1

Oct 11, 2021
Texas
I'm a Sex Wax Tropical (Blue) Basecoat/ Cool (Green) Cold (Purple) depending on the season guy. Works for me. Sticky Bumps works fine too. I'm not that brand loyal just a creature of habit.

I used Matunas during lockdown last year when all the surf shops were closed. Got some off a guy on CL selling wax at cost, hell of a good samaritan. It was super tacky in a good way up front but I found it getting slimy over time and just smearing around. Also it made my car smell like a urinal cake. Don't think I'll use it again unless I have to. That was the Cold temp wax in Santa Cruz winter temps for reference.
Cool. Thanks for your post .. I’ve been on Palmers for awhile,but I may start trying some others that I haven’t already