Sex Wax

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Whatever the bloke in the van next to me in the carpark has in the way of wax seems to suffice, although I used to love the pink Bubblegum stuff when I was a kid.

The good old comb can liven things up enough for a session too.

I see some folk with what seems like the equivalent to 5 bars of wax on their board sometimes with blobs the size of fried eggs... it baffles me. Keep it light.

dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
Florida USA
First, make sure your board is Very clean. Then, apply a thin, hot, coat of Gulf Wax to develop a suitable base. Then, rub any "surf wax" on until your heart is content.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Brevard County FLA water temps are around 85 degrees in later summer months.

Gulfzer5

Nov 2, 2020
Louisiana
I've been using Matunas for several years. Stays tacky longer than any other brand I've ever tried. Other than that Sticky Bumps and Mrs. Palmers are good. To me Sex Wax is hot garbage!! I don't know if it may have to do with body chemistry or what, but every time I've had to use it, it gets very slick and slippery after 10 mins.

S

Skeg1

I usually use a sticky bumps base coat. Then sex wax for whatever temperature I need…… seems to work well. And I never mistake an old bar of base coat for a solid bar of wax when grabbing one on the fly.
Got yuh..

Reactions: XXX

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Sex Wax cellophane with logo has been the most common wrapper left on the beach for decades now. Not sure about the wax but says something about people who use it.
Do sweeping generalizations say something about their author?

SDBoardHoarder

Sep 28, 2018
San Diego
I usually use a sticky bumps base coat. Then sex wax for whatever temperature I need…… seems to work well. And I never mistake an old bar of base coat for a solid bar of wax when grabbing one on the fly.

This is my combo as well. Sex wax seems to come off easily when used as base, but the sticky bumps base with the sex wax topcoat has worked well for me.

S

Skeg1

Whatever the bloke in the van next to me in the carpark has in the way of wax seems to suffice, although I used to love the pink Bubblegum stuff when I was a kid.

The good old comb can liven things up enough for a session too.

I see some folk with what seems like the equivalent to 5 bars of wax on their board sometimes with blobs the size of fried eggs... it baffles me. Keep it light.
Yeah keep it light for sure

Reactions: XXX