Seaside and beyond / crowd killer

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Rinconryder, Dec 1, 2019.

1. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    that's interesting Chilly, I've always loved the feel of the timber tek's, since they feel so solid...would've never guessed all that stuff was going on underneath

2. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    So Cal
    I’ve had several TimberTek's, and they’ve been the most bullet proof surfboards I’ve e ever had.

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    That's what my buddy always said, but he later discovered otherwise. Not sure if this is the norm or not, but that's what his ding guy related to him.

4. bfat

bfat Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Selfish question here, but what CB bonzer did you post? The craigslist link is down...

5. Nilus

Nilus Active Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Not sure how much I can/should say here so I'll send you a PM or text. But our friends in carp are pretty close to releasing exactly what you're asking for. I've seen the prototypes at rest and in action from Lowers this summer to Rincon last week (Devon was shredding his in the cove along with sage and others) and they are really fun looking. Was offered the chance to try one but haven't gotten to it yet. It's a midlength that is designed to surf more in the pocket than the designs we usually talk about here. Check recent insta posts from Ando, Devon (lead tester/design influencer), and others to get more info and visuals.

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  6. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    for what its worth I just reached out to Ryan about his new FM model :D

7. Nilus

Nilus Active Member

Jun 30, 2008
    jory and Andrew Johnson like this.
  8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    from memory... 6'8 x 20 7/8 x 2 3/4 cb bonzer5 egg- no ewing plain jane bright white and ready to fight for $? but it was sub 500 I'm pretty sure.

bfat, hankster and Bighouse like this.
  9. elFlaco

elFlaco New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    VA
    Seaside seems like a really good shape - both as a small fish and larger middie. But, like many others here, I'd choose a local builder over firewire.

If you are really into the Seaside, you could always get a custom poly board from Machado, no? (If you do, though, maybe ask them if they install the fin boxes before or after glassing...I saw insta clip that undermined my confidence in build quality over there.)

10. Rinconryder

Rinconryder Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks for the input! I have a couple of Mitsven’s and may get him to make me a quad long fish in the 6’10 to 7’0” range. While I always like supporting local shapers I do ride stock boards as well and those particular shapes caught my eye for their particular outline.

John and Planktom like this.