SCAM ALERT!!

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Tenfooter, Nov 27, 2019.

1. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Insightful Mr. Sr Grom This post and your next one on the subject are on the money.

Knots likes this.
  2. Fagro

Fagro Member

Aug 6, 2018
    RI
    It's shame you got scammed. They're out there.
    It's of no help now but I gladly pay the service charge for PP goods and services for the piece of mind. I dont do Friends and Family payments.

3. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Wow
    Thanks everyone for the nice words
    And Johnny , thanks for that nice gesture
    But if you do it, I ll beat you up and will NOT buy any other board from you
    I know how kind you are , there’s no doubt about that
    But I don’t need the money
    Thankfully is just money
    Is clear that the only fool here was me
    I sed money to guy I didn’t know , via friends and family , to a member that wasn’t check
    A super idiot move
    All by myself
    But let’s move on !!

I see here the spirit of helping is still intact , and that’s why I love this forum
    Why don’t we use it for someone who really needs it ?
    I bet my ass we all know a kid or two on the beach that is always farting around with a boogie board , and probably can’t afford a board
    Let’s use this great spirit and chip in to get him/ her a friendly user board. Even a wavestorm .
    I did it once in Hawaiia and I felt like $1M
    I bought many boards fir my kids and when we return we took only a few. All used boards , but all rideable
    The rest , I choose wisely a couple kids on the beach and gave them the boards

Anyway
    Did I miss something ?
    Or the administrator is MIA?
    I’m still waiting in his input

Thomas Morra and Lackosense like this.
  4. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Rockaway, NY
    The admins only job is to collect ad revenue while we fart around on his site and generate more website hits

Tenfooter likes this.
  5. Thomas Morra

Thomas Morra Member

Sep 2, 2019
    Rhode Island
    I’m in on this for sure!

Tom

6. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    That in my book is fucked up
    Again
    If he’s good for nothing
    Gotta go

7. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    "What? They've given you thousands of hours of entertainment for free! What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them!"
    -Bart Simpson

Andrew Johnson and Lackosense like this.
  8. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The endless whining.
    If you don't like the programing on this station, change it.

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  9. elFlaco

elFlaco Member

Feb 7, 2019
    VA
    I'd just like more details on the incident - those details might help everyone spot this dude next time. Like, is he a surfer? Was he able to write knowledgeably about the board he was selling? Or did he pose as a guy who didn't know anything and just happened to have a board for sale? What was this supposed board for $240?

I've sent money blindly before but I always do so after engaging in an extended conversation with the other party. Details and character filter through. Often you can tell when someone is really legit. (You can't always tell when they are not).

10. Pacis

Pacis Active Member

Oct 25, 2008
    End of summer I posted a couple boards FS and this person pm'ed me saying he has the exact board I'm looking
    for. Pm''ed back informing him I'm selling the boards. Never heard from him again. His pm was dry, not like your Jb person
    saying hey I can help pick up, drop off or wrap, take a look.
    So for me if I'm buying here I will post up if this person has had any interaction. This bums me out, these types of people
    weave there way in to all aspects of our lives.
    I like the idea of passing on the stoke. This year we sent two groms home with boards.