SCAM ALERT!!

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Tenfooter, Nov 27, 2019.

1. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    I’m curious about what kind of longboard you can buy for $240?

Happy TURKEY day :)

2. WillieP

WillieP Member

Oct 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Oh, I feel bad for you Tenfooter. This kind of behavior screws up everything for all honest members which i naively trout all Jammers to be. Asking for references from Jammers on past transactions is good one but not sure how do it for a Jammers without any history. I had a Jammer refuse to buy a board from with me by paying via PayPal as a friend before seeing the board. I did not blame him and at that point I had not sold anything other than via CL. Sad thing is that he missed a really good deal.

3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Is that trout a rainbow, brown, lake, or maybe a cutthroat?

4. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    how about if LBM created a marketplace feedback board, so people can rate buyers & sellers? i've seen that on several other forums - it would help the Jam community self-regulate by outing scammers & similar lowlifes through a transaction review process (simply posting about your experience, good or bad). just a thought...

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Nonsense. The moral principal is exactly the same, regardless of what bs angle any shuckster chooses to spin it with.

As I said clearly, should we be careful? Yes. But the blame isn't equally shared. Not even close.

That's just my opinion, of course. The blame is on the perpetrator in my book. And even if I'll aknowledge that sending money may appear dumb in the wider or abstract world , I have always loved being able to do exactly that in a small community of surfboard lovers.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

michael likes this.
  6. SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I think we have been doing this in an informal way for years. Members post positive glowing praise when they are inspired to. If things don’t go quite right they deal directly with the individual offline. This has kept Jamboards ‘dirty laundry’ from getting too ugly and causing “piling-on” by those not involved. There might be a better way who knows.

7. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Active Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    Have there been other people on this forum who have been scammed in the past year? It sounds like the individual who got Tenfooter tried to scam others but they caught it before sending him money... is scamming a widespread issue here?

8. Surfertom

Surfertom Active Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, California
    I think we all have to keep in mind it's the internet and not to be foolish with your trust.

:(

Andrew Johnson likes this.
  9. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    I think he caught one fish so will be back for more under new name....thanks for letting everyone know you got scammed it will help all of use to be more aware that this can happen to anyone

Macilious and deemce like this.
  10. SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Not that I know of. There have been some transactions I’m aware of where there might not have been 100% satisfaction. As in conditions of boards maybe misrepresented, backing out on a verbal commitment after seller receives a higher offer, delays in completing a transaction, that type of thing. Not aware of members disappearing off the earth.

jbb, GearNut and Andrew Johnson like this.