Sayulita - February

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
We've got a week off in February and need a break from the snow in Tahoe.

It was cheaper to fly to/stay in Sayulita than it was to drive back south to Ventura or North County for a surf trip.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Everyone talks about the crowd but I'd rather surf with 100 strangers in Sayulita than the same 100 goofballs at C Street...

Yew, y'all!
Kirk

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
VENICE
We've got a week off in February and need a break from the snow in Tahoe.

It was cheaper to fly to/stay in Sayulita than it was to drive back south to Ventura or North County for a surf trip.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Everyone talks about the crowd but I'd rather surf with 100 strangers in Sayulita than the same 100 goofballs at C Street...

Yew, y'all!
Kirk
I was just there. Honestly, sayulita is a sick little Pueblo and super fun with cool bars and good food. I would surf the sayulita main break for sunrise and sunset, less crowded. But we rented a car and left mid morning for the beaches in punta Mita for less crowded and better waves. Burros and more. There are some “resorts” right in front of burros. Part of me wants to say just do the resort thing and surf burros every day. The downside is that you are pretty removed from the whole vibe that sayulita/MX has to offer being in a shielded resort. It’s honestly dope as hell in sayulita, outside of the surf.

Hit me up if you have any questions. I also have a sick housing rental I could pass along.

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
I was just there. Honestly, sayulita is a sick little Pueblo and super fun with cool bars and good food. I would surf the sayulita main break for sunrise and sunset, less crowded. But we rented a car and left mid morning for the beaches in punta Mita for less crowded and better waves. Burros and more. There are some “resorts” right in front of burros. Part of me wants to say just do the resort thing and surf burros every day. The downside is that you are pretty removed from the whole vibe that sayulita/MX has to offer being in a shielded resort. It’s honestly dope as hell in sayulita, outside of the surf.

Hit me up if you have any questions. I also have a sick housing rental I could pass along.

I'll shoot you a DM!

Stoked on this feedback though. At first I just wanted to go for the surf (we're both goofy and love warm water), and then I saw some of the food, and then I saw the price of some of the boutique stays. It's no wonder it's crowded!

Thanks again,
Kirk

R1H

Sep 7, 2017
N. LA County
Please let us know how it is. I am looking to get down there soon and if you like it I will add this as an option. It would be my wife and I - I surf, she does not.

Speak

Jul 17, 2012
USA California
Please let us know how it is. I am looking to get down there soon and if you like it I will add this as an option. It would be my wife and I - I surf, she does not.
Great place for your wife to hangout and explore while you surf. My wife was perfectly fine off on her own there while I was in the water.

Members online