Ryan Lovelace V-Bowls

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by whale, May 5, 2012.

1. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Interesting direction this conversation has gone. I've heard this a lot over the past few years and maybe Ryan can clear it up a bit and put it to bed if he so inclines.

Personally I recall reading a short article, similar to the one you posted about how the "dot" came to fruition on your boards. However, that piece basically stated something to the effect that you felt kind of slighted about it as others had begun doing it, and how they should at least give credit for where it came from-granted that may not be verbatim, but it was something similar. I distinctly remember saying in my head, "Why does this guy dislike Donny Brink so much? I believe you also asked for people to contact you if there were earlier version of "the dot" you hadn't been aware of.

I went back looking for this article but only came up with the "history of the dot" version. I thought I initially read it on your facebook page. But it doesn't exist anymore it seems. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know I'm getting old but several people seem to recall this article in question which doesn't seem to live online anymore. However, I just remembered that a friend told me he messaged you about it through facebook a couple years back and gave you some quick examples off the top of his head regarding resin dots (tints & opaques) that pre-dated yours (since you asked for feedback in the original article.) His and your message is below as my buddy was nice enough to send a screen shot of it for proof (I was personally calling bullshit on the whole thing).

Clearly there was something out there at one time where you were looking for resin dot feedback. But it appears it's now gone into the eternal abyss never to be seen again. Your clarification would probably help end all this?

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    the bigger question is who invented the tramp stamps?

3. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

Didn't Dyer invent that?

4. Salty

Salty Member

May 1, 2010
    USA California
    This one dates back to 1953.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

5. Jaimo

Jaimo Active Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Big D wrote:
    Here it is:
    http://korduroy.tv/makers/ryan-lovelace/blog/2012/story-time/5278

6. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    That is an edited version. There was a whole thread about it on here as well which has gone missing. In all honesty, who cares? Surf whatever works for you.

7. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    I for one think the dot and other such topics have run their course...how about everyone just sticks to something more relevant as suggested by finward above. Sure you get looky loo's when there is a feud and people willing to stoke the fire for fun but they don't enhance the respect anyone has for any party involved. What say we leave those egos to be stroked by good feedback and performance and let the petty BS go.
    I personally like Zephs boards and i would like to try Ryans

8. Salty

Salty Member

May 1, 2010
    USA California

Attached files
    [​IMG]

9. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

Ticowannabe wrote:
    + 100