Rinse Kits

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Will Hutchison, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    306Bing likes this.
  2. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    I dont mind going au natural - except after heavy rain runoff the water turns brown and stinky - i usually pressed for time so i see rinse kits as another thing i need to prep and load - which cuts out of my water time

3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    My house us 7 blocks from the beach but I turn the outdoor shower off in late October so that means fighting with the wetsuit in the bathroom shower. First World problem.

4. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
  5. Mucker

Mucker Member

Feb 21, 2004
    USA Pennsylvania
    IMG_0354.jpg

Round Up sprayer(only ever used with water), sink sprayer and hose for sink, brass barbed fitting 1/4" ID-1/4"

I've been using the sprayer for rinsing off after mtb races for at least the last 7 years. Updated it a few years ago with the sink sprayer and that improved it. I have a friend with the rinse kit and it has a much more powerful spray but after hearing all the issues, I'm much happier with my setup.

If I had an old wetsuit that I could cut up, I would use it to make a wrap for the canister to help keep water warm. As it is now, I just fill it with hot water and wrap it in a towel.

Here's where I got he info for attaching the sink sprayer:

pintail, hankster and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  6. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    $38. I’m sold

JMJackFish likes this.
  7. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
    My wife got one at Costco super cheap for me at Christmas. I was midway thru my design of a custom system on top of my Wrangler. Now, instead I just pop it on my laundry tub outlet, fill it with hotwater and take-off to surf. I enjoy a hot shower in the parking lot before going to work. I like mine- only wish it held more water.

8. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Pic/brand?

9. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
    This is the one she got. Sale last Christmas for like $60... I think they are more now. I used mine last night post surf to clear the sand from my feet and legs after walking from the shower to the parking lot. It saves the prius carpet :D.
    https://www.amazon.com/Rinse-Kit-Po...9961&keywords=rinse+kit&qid=1573667289&sr=8-7

Website has a bigger one. But way more $$$. I would probably DIY one before dropping $170 for the bigger size.
    https://rinsekit.com/collections/rinsekit-products-bundles-and-accessories/products/rinsekit-plus

Lots of the DIY ones here in Kauai. Guys just strap large black pipe to the roof with a fill area and an outlet and use gravity, or hook up a small air pump to the kit. Let the sun warm the water. Like this one with the link to the video. These are, by far, the best DIY directions I have seen, you can tell this guy over-engineers everything:

deemce and michael like this.
  10. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    Spreadsheet...

dsquare likes this.