Remedy for wetsuit rash?

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
I usually ditch the suit once I get neck rashes. Belly jelly feels nice afterwards.

1656029464792.png

Judethedude

Jun 9, 2022
Los Angeles
Was hoping maybe someone would have some advice. This is the first time I’ve come across this issue. In fact I’ve had this suit for a few years but it’s just now causing this problem.

It appears either the stitching or the circle pad they glued to smooth over where the stitching meets is rubbing me the wrong way. It’s rubbing right on my lat and giving me a rash to the point it scabs up so it’s pretty annoying.

For reference this is a Isurus 2/2 zip free suit. I’ve thought of putting something over it to stop the issue but can’t think of what.

View attachment 45821
Vaseline. Lots of Vaseline

FMC3

Jun 25, 2022
Newport Beach, CA
I have used Body Glide in the past. Easy to apply in the little deodorant type thing and does the trick. Popular with runners and cyclists.
I've used Body Glide too. Not a permanent fix, but will relieve discomfort until you callus or can get it fixed. I take the stick and rub it right on the offending seam/stitching and surrounding area.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
I usually ditch the suit once I get neck rashes. Belly jelly feels nice afterwards.

+1 for Belly Jelly. It's been my go-to solution for wicked neck rashes and swim fin rashes since 1989. My favorite part is that the packaging hasn't changed a bit since then -- there's not even a website listed on the tube. You can use it both as a treatment for a wetsuit rash, or also for preventative measures. Apply a little bit on the problem area before your suit goes on and you'll be good to go. Bonus: it smells awesome.

Reactions: JTS