Remedy for wetsuit rash?

skazat

Apr 1, 2021
Los Angeles
Was hoping maybe someone would have some advice. This is the first time I’ve come across this issue. In fact I’ve had this suit for a few years but it’s just now causing this problem.

It appears either the stitching or the circle pad they glued to smooth over where the stitching meets is rubbing me the wrong way. It’s rubbing right on my lat and giving me a rash to the point it scabs up so it’s pretty annoying.

For reference this is a Isurus 2/2 zip free suit. I’ve thought of putting something over it to stop the issue but can’t think of what.

CB1EDE95-CCCF-4023-A241-E71773420276.jpeg

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
Was hoping maybe someone would have some advice. This is the first time I’ve come across this issue. In fact I’ve had this suit for a few years but it’s just now causing this problem.

It appears either the stitching or the circle pad they glued to smooth over where the stitching meets is rubbing me the wrong way. It’s rubbing right on my lat and giving me a rash to the point it scabs up so it’s pretty annoying.

For reference this is a Isurus 2/2 zip free suit. I’ve thought of putting something over it to stop the issue but can’t think of what.

View attachment 45821

Bike tire patches. Flexible but tough, smooth and tapered to paper thin at the edges. Glue required, comes with a kit at bike shops.
shopping.png

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
I bought a tin of Surfer's Salve last time I was in Hawaii and put a thin coat in high friction areas before a long session. It works extremely well. My 4/3 pinches me in the armpit and after several rashy sessions, this has been a game-changer.

You can buy it directly from their site, don't support Amazon!

surf1ng

Jan 22, 2022
Adelaide SA
Creaming up every time would get old quick.

The bike tyre patches are an interesting idea.

Wearing a rashie (lycra surf shirt, tight fitting like the wetsuit) underneath the wetsuit would likely stop the rubbing.