Rainy season water quality in Nosara / Guiones continues to show major issues

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
Agua Fria
This is a huge bummer. A lot of people in Nosara are working hard to try to recover the water quality and be a model of how water quality can be recovered, but it seems like there is a long way to go.

hardyw

Jun 26, 2021
NJ
Agreed! Unfortunately, dry season tends to involve both bigger crowds and smaller (but sometimes cleaner) swell

If this is the water quality situation in CR - imagine how bad it is in a place like El Salvador. If you've seen all the trash and waste in those towns up river of the beaches and points like Mizata, K59 etc you know what I'm talking about.

applebutter

Aug 23, 2008
If this is the water quality situation in CR - imagine how bad it is in a place like El Salvador. If you've seen all the trash and waste in those towns up river of the beaches and points like Mizata, K59 etc you know what I'm talking about.
I’ve never been in browner water than El Salvador. My throat and lips went numb after each surf and I thought it was just me, but happened to everyone else in my group as well. Weird!

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
Agua Fria
I’ve never been in browner water than El Salvador. My throat and lips went numb after each surf and I thought it was just me, but happened to everyone else in my group as well. Weird!
I have never been to El Salvador, but this sounds tragic. I am surprised my friends who have gone have not emphasized it in their stories, but I guess they were focused on other things

In CR, I think a big part of the problem is gringo septic tank overflow. I don't know what kinds of similar sources would be there in El Salvador.

glider_boy

Apr 14, 2011
SD
Yeah watching the video it sounds like too many people have installed septic tanks on lots that are too small, which seems like a tough problem to fix once it’s there.