questioning the process

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by gene, Apr 25, 2007.

1. MoonShadow

MoonShadow New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    USA Idaho
    There they go:D

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
    hi bing, right about now i'd love to fly away in some contraption far away from the surfboard factory, i know you remember that feeling. if i were to do that i definately wouldn't be going with the glitterman.

3. MoonShadow

MoonShadow New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    USA Idaho
    gene wrote:
    I know what you mean. I remember sometimes in the afternoon, I would go down to the harbor, and take my Boston Whaler out and ride the white caps all by myself just to get away for a while.

Bing

4. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
  5. BoardDesign

BoardDesign Member

Mar 14, 2007
    USA
    Trust me... We wouldn't mind if you flew away for awhile!!:) And by "We" I mean Jeff Pupo and I. In case you don't know he's the other half of why these surfboards look phenomenal. He's the best sander, glosser, polisher in the business. My website has a separate page "Master P" glorifying him. Does "The Boss's"? Ohh that's right... You have one glorifying your Bing collection!!!

There goes my blood pressure again (reaching for my George Michales album). Need a soother....

Here he is "Master P".

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. MoonShadow

MoonShadow New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    USA Idaho
    Hi Zeph,

I read your profile on your website and I am impressed with your history. I also know that if Gene picked you to work with him that you must be very good at your craft. And I don’t care what music you listen to as long as it’s on your ipod. :cool:

Bing

7. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
    BoardDesign wrote:
    yeah zeph, i totally agree with you on that. except i think you should take a good look at your math.

jeff's been with me since i opened the factory and he's the guy that makes it all come together. best sander, glosser polisher in the world, great craftsman. he's even shaping under his own label now.

take note monkeyboy and slim, he shaped this one for gnar gnar by hand. glassed, sanded, glossed and polished it to.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

8. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
    MoonShadow wrote:
    yep bing, he is good at his craft and i'm happy to have him. we get our jabs in but we have a good thing going here in ventura.

9. BoardDesign

BoardDesign Member

Mar 14, 2007
    USA
    Whew.... Thanks Bing (ASS KISSING BEGINS IN 3...2...1...) I'm honored to know you've looked at it. If truth be known (Don't tell Gene) i've drooled a few times on the Bing collection page @ his website. I think we've all taken a page from the D.N. Noserider... (on my knees bowing) I'm not worthy!!

About "The Math". I know.. It takes 3 to tango in Ventura... The "other half" was in reference to how many (we love "The Boss" (building boards purely for the love of the "Craft")) slaves you own. Don't get sad!! I didn't forget you!!

Love and Kisses,

Zeph

10. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    gene wrote:
    weird yah know because I never said I agreed with what slim said but yet you lump me in with him....

LIke I said before I dont care if there was a machine used in the shaping of my board as long as its what I want....

I have bought custom boards in the past knowing full well that they were machine shaped then finished off by someone.....