Quad Fin Recommendation

Bigyummm

Nov 24, 2020
RI
Hey Jmrs, I recent came into a 10 yr old but great condition 6'4" Bing Dharma (think it's narrower and thinner than the current Dharma stock dims) with a set of FCS SF4 fins on it. I am more familiar with twins and Twinzers than quads and curious what set you might recommend for this board. I'm 6'4" 180lbs fwiw. I read about the MB Split Keel which sounds appealing given my affinity for looser twins but they're only available in FCS II and my board has the dual tab plugs. Ideas appreciated! { and if you have a set for sale, lemme know }

JTS

Mar 24, 2005
If you are open to trying something outside the norm, check out Hanalei Fins by Robin Mair. His fins are excellent,, he’s a stand up guy and he makes them in various fin box configurations including two tab ( ie FCS). He makes a split keel that some of the Kneeboard crew swear by

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
There's these. I have set on my Lost Uber Plank and they're a blast. The front fins make good twins as well:

Bigyummm

Nov 24, 2020
RI
If you are open to trying something outside the norm, check out Hanalei Fins by Robin Mair. His fins are excellent,, he’s a stand up guy and he makes them in various fin box configurations including two tab ( ie FCS). He makes a split keel that some of the Kneeboard crew swear by
Awesome, thanks for the tip! Will check em out.

Bigyummm

Nov 24, 2020
RI
There's these. I have set on my Lost Uber Plank and they're a blast. The front fins make good twins as well:
Oh yes those look great! Maybe the guy will be willing to ship. I’ll check w him thanks

V.Manoc

Jul 25, 2021
Thousand Oaks, California
Wow! these fins are a trip! May have to pick up a quad set soon!…….

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
I also highly recommend Hanalei Fins. Robin Mair has been working on Quads for more then 25 years.