Prone Paddle Boards?

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
Goodboypaddlesports.com
Amazing customer service. I’ve got 2. I had a knock off but trash in comparison. I used cinch locks with stainless cores. Locks are a deterrent not 100% but so far so good

ClassicRider

Sep 22, 2014
Hawaii
Any one have any knowledge about the hobie prone paddle boards. One popped up on cglist that has a square tail and I can't find much information about it and seller has no knowledge.

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
I just looked it up. It’s built like racing mal but they are all 10-6 as far as I know. Maybe a custom? Seems like when I was looking for a prone they were all California and Hawaii. Now hard to find used. If you don’t know what a racing mal is search videos of kracka of dolphins.

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
Never paddled these but really want to get started. I think a 14' sounds perfect for me being a heavier body but still manageable for storage and transport (maybe even messing around in small waves), but all of the used deals seem to be 18'+ with the tiller. Has anyone made a move to 14?

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
Tried quite a few. In race world the 14 is the [email protected] 12 is the stock class and anything over 14 is unlimited. So the 14 is a little left out. If it’s just for fun go for it! If you get hooked you will want another one anyway.

ClassicRider

Sep 22, 2014
Hawaii
Yeah saw that video. I just did a test drive and passed on it. They don’t glide as good as the barks but it is more stable if that’s what someone is looking for.