Prone Paddle Boards?

SharkB8

Sep 21, 2011
USA Virginia
True. Do it for a month consistently and you’ll notice how much better you’re paddling for the surfin
I screwed up my knee and doctors said no surf for a couple months. I paddled prone 3-4 times a week for most of the summer. When I finished physical therapy and got the green light to surf I was a beast. I’d surf for hours like it was nothing. Should have stuck with it more. Think I might try a rescue/race mal board to play prone but in small surf too. I like kneeboarding on longboards anyway

Reactions: DJR

dr flavors

Jul 21, 2019
ca
I am curious about PSV as well and even tried to order one but Dave said he can't get the blank any more.

thats too bad.

youre in hawaii? right? gives you a leg up on us mainlanders when it comes to aleutian juice.

covid foam shortages. you could make 4 normal sized boards out of one psv blank

dr flavors

Jul 21, 2019
ca

me and a few friends purchased these. Great entry level prone for 1000 shipped. Currently training for the cape to cape which is 14 miles.

except vesl flat out ripped off the designs for their crap popouts.

vesl scanned & copied boards, then undercut the true shapers in price. theyre assholes.

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
sounds right up my alley. Do you need the steering mechanism?

I only see like 4 people you can buy new ones from - 2 of which are Vessl and Surftech. These seem pretty tough to hand shape I'm guessing.

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
What kings of roof racks do you use? Would kayak j style racks work?

I’m trying to figure out how to lock a 14’ prone on one side of my racks and still have room on the other side for longboards.

Sparky

Oct 9, 2019
San Diego
The hallways in my apartment are tight for my 10 foot log and I think a 12 foot paddle board would be impossible to maneuver. Does anyone have a recommendation for storing a board in north county SD? A full sized rental unit seems excessive.

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
The hallways in my apartment are tight for my 10 foot log and I think a 12 foot paddle board would be impossible to maneuver. Does anyone have a recommendation for storing a board in north county SD? A full sized rental unit seems excessive.
I'm in a similar situation. Decided I'm going to get a cover like this and find a way to lock it to the roof racks on my car - https://www.victorykoredry.com/collections/uv-board-covers/products/14-sup-cover. Maybe I can use kayak racks on one side to clear enough room on the other side for surfboards. If it doesn't feel really secure I might look into joining the aquatic center which provides storage for a fee.

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
Also found this North County Paddlers group that may be able to help you out