Prone Paddle Boards?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by John, Apr 25, 2020.

1. bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04 Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Hawaii
    Surftech are pretty good prone stock class boards. A surftech won the M2O recently.

2. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Rehoboth Beach, DE
    I’ve been looking for a while and they don’t pop up very often in the mid Atlantic. I’ve seen a bunch in Florida

3. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    There’s a guy on LI by me that had three for sale. Good prices but hard to hook up with. They popped up on Craigslist just after the work pause, then disappeared right after. I’ll keep my eye out. A stock 12’ custom 12’ & 18’.

4. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Rehoboth Beach, DE
    Thank you. I appreciate it

5. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    Local guy in Cape Fear region John Beausang has a great site that recently got set up with Paddlle Monster and has a classified and such 80% is SUP but it’s for the hardcore to pretty enthusiastic paddler with a section for prone, outrigger, etc Has a classified section also Ian Balding out Wrightsville Beach N.C. makes prone boards
    That being said Me there for prone technique and such and classifieds and outrigger stuff and Johns a stand up guy no pun intended

6. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Keep checking the classified on distressed mullet. It’s now joined with paddle monster. Search prone on the main page. Little information there too. Have you decided on what size? There’s a guy in Wilmington that usually has 10-15 for sale. Been 3 times to his place. He lives on the Carolina cup coarse. When I went to get mine a buddy was with me so I could have someone with experience with me to choose. He offered to toss a bunch out in the water and let me test drive them. Switch around and see what I liked. I had zero experience so I wouldn’t know what mattered anyway. You can’t go wrong with a bark. More races won. If you want I can reach out and see what he has. He only has unlimited usually. He is buds with jack so he will only have bark.

DJR likes this.
  7. John

John Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Rehoboth Beach, DE
    That would be great thanks. I’ll shoot you a PM.

8. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    It’s like an echo or a parallel universe!

9. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    My bad DJR. I missed your post. I don’t know Ian. I was talking about Brad. I’ll find out what he has.

10. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    Was just kidding- Thought it was funny we were writing almost the same thing at the same time !
    Must be the C19 5G in the air ...
    And Brad is a wonderful guy hands down (don’t know Ian only seen the boards)