Plumeria for Sale

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by NCJohn, Jun 29, 2019.

1. NCJohn

NCJohn Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    I know it's not a surfboard but I'm selling some plumeria. Plumeria are the plants that produce the flowers that Hawaiian leis are made from. They grow in the ground in warmer climates but are great container plants in others. I live in Wilmington NC and grow them in containers. There are hundreds of varieties each with a different colored flower and scent. As the plants mature you can take cuttings and plant them and on and on. So my once small collection has taken over and I'm forced to sell some.

Here's the surf connection. I've been collecting them from all over the world as I've traveled. It's a unique way to remember the places I've surfed. Sometimes I smuggle them back in board bags and other times I'll order them while abroad and have them shipped to me. And I've started to grow some from the seeds of my plants and some from seeds from other growers.

I'm selling plants from Hawaii, Mexico, Australia, Thailand, the US and the Bahamas. $25 and up depending on the size and rarity. Shipping would be tough but I travel the Eastern seaboard quite a bit so could deliver if someone really wanted one. They are easy to grow - they are said to thrive on neglect - so no green thumb needed. And people love them when in bloom. The scent of apple, peach or citrus from some varieties is really amazing.

I have attached a few pictures from my garden but I have plenty others.

20180702_072111.jpg 20180702_071856.jpg 20160623_181328.jpg MVIMG_20180812_083737.jpg

Surfnfish, backtail, mitch44 and 4 others like this.
  2. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    That variety on the bottom right is gorgeous. Nice project you have going there.

I may be the worst gardener on the planet, but would be interested in trying to grow that one from seeds! Any way to work that out?

I'd be game for a plant, but can't imagine trying to get it here alive.

4. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Might be heading up to Little River South Carolina, to visit my Sister. If that works out I will get in touch. They are Beautiful plants.

5. 306Bing

306Bing Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    OCNJ
  6. NCJohn

NCJohn Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    PMs sent to all interested parties. Thanks!

7. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Im interested in these too, should be around your way at end the week :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  8. NCJohn

NCJohn Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Cool! I'd be happy to bring a few for you to check out. PM me if there is a certain color you're after.

9. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Everytime I read the title of this thread, I think that NCJohn is selling a Brewer. ):

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  10. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Yes, exactly!