PhD Fin Reviews???

Curlz

Jun 26, 2020
VA, USA
Searched Google high and low and unable to find post on this fin from users... thinking of trying one out for a longboard I just shaped. It's 9'3" with belly entry to very slight vee with tri plan mid to flat post fin box.

Any users able to offer insight to this fin? If this one doesn't sound good then I'll probably throw a farebrow on. Thanks

strez

Mar 23, 2012
MA
I've ridden a couple of hulls (Hot Generations) with the PHD fin. I like it a lot. Feels looser than a 4A, but still has good drive.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
I mentioned in the other thread but 9.5 PhD in my 8’4 vaquero. Lots of drive. It’s good and I am curious how a 9” would feel.

Curlz

Jun 26, 2020
VA, USA
I mentioned in the other thread but 9.5 PhD in my 8’4 vaquero. Lots of drive. It’s good and I am curious how a 9” would feel.

Did your vaquero come with the A Flex? I've only used the Greenough 4a and am curious on trying another flex. The longboard does have a wider tail @ 16" and it looks like the PhD has a smaller base than the 4a which I was concerned may not work the best. Does it have a smaller base for those that have seen both? Thanks... wish there was one in a shop around here to compare to the 4a

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Did your vaquero come with the A Flex? I've only used the Greenough 4a and am curious on trying another flex. The longboard does have a wider tail @ 16" and it looks like the PhD has a smaller base than the 4a which I was concerned may not work the best. Does it have a smaller base for those that have seen both? Thanks... wish there was one in a shop around here to compare to the 4a
Yes Marc shipped the phd with my vaquero. Why not get them both and mess around? GG 4A is pretty easy to get your hands on used, and looks like a pHd 10" just sold on my thread in 4 sale.