Aug 6, 2018
RI
Love the look of the MLB sting too
1669923196086.png

shapewright

Aug 6, 2006
USA California
This is relevant to my interests...
Not sure if you’re near by, but my 9’0” HP is up for loaner, for bigger guys I have Surfore’s 10’4” HP.
Both are EPS and Sglass, ghost epoxy laminations, 2 plus 1 set up.
Not trying to make a sale, but a hands on experience to see what you like or hate about a surfboard.

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Not sure if you’re near by, but my 9’0” HP is up for loaner, for bigger guys I have Surfore’s 10’4” HP.
Both are EPS and Sglass, ghost epoxy laminations, 2 plus 1 set up.
Not trying to make a sale, but a hands on experience to see what you like or hate about a surfboard.
Jim, you’re such a quality guy. You should become a consultant to the surf industry since you’ve set the bar so high on great craftsmanship, and great business standards.
I for one thank you.

RockyIsland

Feb 1, 2021
Phillip Island
For a real HPLB I wouldnt recommend the Outlier of Parrallax. I feel the Parallax especially flies out of control at overhead faster waves. To me thats a proper alrounder

The most performancy longboard I surfed in recent years was the Harley Ingleby HIHP in carbon

View attachment 51628

I owned it for about 6 months but eventually sold it. I really want to like his boards but for some reason I prefer the CJ Nelson models. My mate has the HIHP and HI4 and is really stoked on the HI4. He surfs it very aggresively.

The HIHP is fast and turns on a dime. When you drop in and feel the rail and fins engage you are solid
Second the Hi 4...best HP longboard I have ever ridden and I have ridden a few. Like Bongas old Southpoint on steroids. Incredible board.
If you knew you were going to be stranded on a deserted Island with a range of breaks for the rest of you life you would get a Hi4 with his 3 and 4 fin set ups and the single fin of your choice...maybe throw in a Pivot fin and a Towel and you will be sorted for the next 40 years

mbcloseout

Nov 4, 2021
Manhattan Beach
Throwing another suggestion in the mix for consideration. I picked up a CJ Nelson Guerrero in thunderbolt construction last year and have really been digging it.

I moved from a classic style infinity log and the Guerrero has been super approachable for me. It’s crazy light and really enables some performance-like surfing.

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
Personally I would not consider the Guerrero a performance style longboard

I mean, yes you can throw it around a bit but its nowhere near as maneuverable as a true HP longboard