Performance Longboard?

Doggyfizzle

Nov 23, 2020
Ventura
I’ve got a 10’2” Harbour H3. I’m a bigger surfer, so you’d probably be able to go for a bit shorter length. I’ve had it out in everything from mush to overhead waves, and I’ve never felt out of control. Especially on a faster wave, this thing screams down the line. For bigger days, I use the HP RFC fin that came with the board, and for smaller leashless days one of two DRD fins.

West81

Jun 28, 2021
Hollandia
Dont really see a lot of the Taylors round here. T&C makes some sick performance longboards as well

I used to ride HPLBs all the time but nowadays I just get a smaller board out.

Fishface

Oct 4, 2012
Del Mar,CA
I have a Takayama Beach Break... has more of the profile youre looking for... bit more rocker and pulled in
They pop up used quite a bit

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
Chilly Willy, you just beat me to it!

I was going to say, why not go a slightly different direction with one of the incredibly talented shapers that SD has to offer? I've checked out a few of Jim's HPNR boards that a friend brought in, and they were super nicely foiled and balanced. Surfore and I missed a communication window last year or that's what I'd be riding right now.

The Bing High5 is also a neat board and super versatile. DT2s... I have a fun performancish shape by Robin Pradonovich (ex Rusty, etc) that I keep in SD for a daily driver when I'm back.

Any of those options will give you plenty of glide, but be able to break a line with ease to throw a decent roundhouse or a floater, or an off the top at will, along with messing around on the nose when the wave or your mood calls for it.

If it helps, do yourself a favor and talk to Jim and then go from there.

Enjoy!

shapewright

Aug 6, 2006
USA California
Chilly Willy, you just beat me to it!

I was going to say, why not go a slightly different direction with one of the incredibly talented shapers that SD has to offer? I've checked out a few of Jim's HPNR boards that a friend brought in, and they were super nicely foiled and balanced. Surfore and I missed a communication window last year or that's what I'd be riding right now.

The Bing High5 is also a neat board and super versatile. DT2s... I have a fun performancish shape by Robin Pradonovich (ex Rusty, etc) that I keep in SD for a daily driver when I'm back.

Any of those options will give you plenty of glide, but be able to break a line with ease to throw a decent roundhouse or a floater, or an off the top at will, along with messing around on the nose when the wave or your mood calls for it.

If it helps, do yourself a favor and talk to Jim and then go from there.

Enjoy!
I was a real hold out in the early 90’s on adapting to HP longboards, stuck with single fin, round rails.
Then the Paskowitz boys started blowing up on the down railed HP rockers, my first were all poly.
About 20 years ago shaped my first personal EPS HPLB, I refer to them as my 6’0” / 9’0”.
I see no point making Hiperf boards heavy.
9’10” EPS. channel

FA9C14B7-372F-4BFC-A6DC-E8EE53C752FC.jpeg

ShipFixer

May 31, 2021
San Diego
I was a real hold out in the early 90’s on adapting to HP longboards, stuck with single fin, round rails.
Then the Paskowitz boys started blowing up on the down railed HP rockers, my first were all poly.
About 20 years ago shaped my first personal EPS HPLB, I refer to them as my 6’0” / 9’0”.
9’10” EPS. channel

View attachment 51733
This is relevant to my interests...

Driftwood

Dec 2, 2014
France
9’10” EPS. channel

View attachment 51733
Damn, that's quite a tail, Jim. Nice.