Ordering a Board from Kirk Putnam (Liddle)

Bryce

Nov 6, 2017
_
Good point, with the boom going on, paying the guys a little more to get your boards done and get the white glove treatment isn't a bad idea

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
i dont know if marcs labor costs increased so much as he decided it was time to put his work into the correct price tier for who he is and what his boards represent

when you see svbodas halls elmores whodats furrows arenals et als in mollusk for the same money as andreinis, you know something is out of whack
Been waiting to get my hands on a Whodats for ages

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
I saw one on the Insta. Perfect to replace my WaveStorm. Next level here I come! It was shiny and colored and looked like a piece of candy. And the builder had many, many followers so he must be good.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
glass shops dont survive on marc's 4-5 boards a week output and while marc does have other income streams and im sure the guys get a little bump for lam and sand on his boards, its not changing labors reality

if you want to believe its about living wages be my guest, heard skips guys eat really well
“Oof”

jdo2

Sep 12, 2008
Marc will be a top-notch Liddle 'scrubber', he and Kirk share a lot of history.
My old 8' Balsa, 20 years old this year, Marc's personal, he made it to commemorate 30 years of shaping, inscribed: 1971-2001, so 50 years now!

Cool to compare it with a current 9'6 Liddle Pathfinder.

PG's Old Yeller also comes to mind. Matt Miler on Old Yeller, Malibu '97

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 86
  • liddle 9'6 pathfinder.png
    liddle 9'6 pathfinder.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 84
  • oldyeller4.jpg
    oldyeller4.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

DJR

Feb 1, 2018
Carolina Beach NC
I saw one on the Insta. Perfect to replace my WaveStorm. Next level here I come! It was shiny and colored and looked like a piece of candy. And the builder had many, many followers so he must be good.
Oh no go with Gerry softies to replace the Wavestorms. Three wood stringers remember ?

LeroyZ

Aug 10, 2019
Southern CA
I have some insight into part of this. I went down to Aquatech to meet Marc and pick up a custom board last April maybe? This was when Scott was first sick in the beginning of COVID. Marc had come down to deliver boards to SoCal and help Scott and Kirk out by shaping some Liddle Designs. He was down there for a week to help out and he was hand shaping those Liddle Design boards. I joked with him at the time that those were the best batch of Liddle Designs and no one would even know!

Not sure if Marc would do that full time if he takes over the Liddle Designs construction. Yes, Scott would just finish off the machine shaped board and Kirk would handle the business and handling logistics. Like I said before, I have heard Pat Ryan is being considered to take over the long term Liddle Designs scrubbing. Maybe Marc is just helping out right now until something is figured out.
I've got to say that if you wanted a template with specific thickness distribution and rail profile, Scott would do the work to the mill output to get you what you speced. I'm sure Marc will follow a similar process. I'm hoping Josh is spinning up to take this on, he's been at Anderson's for a while knows the whole process.

Reactions: DJR