Long story short, I think this one’s a keeper. Hopefully I’ll have some better photos for you when the weather clears, but to get things started here is a balsa pig that I just finished up. The template is very heavily inspired by a wreck of a Joe Quigg that I have here, and the fin template is a direct copy. Wide point aft, rails go from 50/50 to nearly 60/40 and then back to 50/50, just like on the original. I did deviate from the thumb tail of the original and continued the rail curve into a wide pintail… just a personal preference. Fin is set about an inch off the tail, like on the original. Very slight belly that gets a touch more pronounced in the tail section. It was fascinating to see how much that two inch tail extension changed the tail width at 12”, from a very modern sounding 14.5” to a very piggy sounding 16.5”. I think it was Jim who once said that it’s more about the curve and less about the numbers. I did glass with epoxy as I just can’t work with polyester anymore. It took a pretty nice polish, which may show up in a photo if the sun ever comes out again. This one won’t see the water for a little while, but it’s the first board I’ve built in an age and is sort of my dream board from when I was a grommet.