On Quality Surfboards

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
From a 60's Wardy price list, an eloquent description of a surfing board.

"A surfboard is less innocent than it looks" - classic!

Veterano

Aug 29, 2013
Fred Wardy was one of a kind in the annuals of board builders. Did you know he became a well known and respected artist?

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
A little odd that he'd have a shop in Pasadena, so far from a beach. Not that there aren't plenty of shops that far away, but I just think it's unusual during that period.

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
Fred Wardy was one of a kind in the annuals of board builders. Did you know he became a well known and respected artist?
Thanks for that bit of info that he is a rather well known Artist. Did Google search. He has some amazing work. Surfers Journal should do a Bio on Wardy.

HerbB

Nov 10, 2018
Pennsylvania
Any chance you can scan a really clean copy of that and send? Really like to try and make a larger size and frame?

Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
USA New Jersey
This film had me stop what it was that I was doing just now for an hour and ten minutes. There is rarely something this good that comes along that captures my attention like this. It is 7 years old and I have never seen or heard of this before. Thank you so much for posting. This has made my week!
A must see for ALL surfers for the trailblazers in this film should not be missed. Some folks on here may disagree, but that is fine.

So stoked right now.

Members online