OIL ON THE BEACH

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by deepsouth, Jun 1, 2010.

1. aloof

aloof Member

Feb 5, 2005
    USA
    I used to get tar all over my board, baggies, and skin in sixties and it was major cleanup after a d'surf.

2. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Makawaosurfer93 wrote:
    I'm stymied as to why the stuff hasn't been pushed over to TX also. Typically, I thought, that the Mississippi River flows towards the TX coast and away from FLA. That's why, I thought, that the FLA panhandle has such blue water,,,and us, here, have more brown and green water. Might just be the winds that are controlling the flow,,,I really don't have a clue anymore. Any experts out there have some knowledge as to why this stuff isn't headed for TX? Yet?

3. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Dude! Nobody wants to go to Texas this time of year.;)

4. deepsouth

deepsouth New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA
    nedsurf wrote:
    I beg to differ. Considering what's happening in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle, I'd be pretty happy to hit some Texas surf.

5. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/scenes_from_the_gulf_of_mexico.html

6. aloof

aloof Member

Feb 5, 2005
    USA
    Pants on the ground.

7. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    http://www.UCBComedy.com/

8. dewey

dewey Member

Feb 16, 2004
    St George, Ut
    SMUKES wrote:
    I don't know Smukes some how I just don't find that very funny.Maybe it's just me but NOT FUNNY...

dewey

9. aloof

aloof Member

Feb 5, 2005
    USA
    That's just not very funny, Smukes.

10. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Are you wathinq what I watched, the bit in the bp board room, with the paper towell and the pinq ponq ball. Um, how is that not funny... Unless you work for bp I suppose. I couldn't post a specific link, did they put up somethinq offensive or is it off limits to lauqh at what is possibly the worst case of corperate misqovernance in modern history?