OIL ON THE BEACH

skeeter

Mar 11, 2004
USA Delaware
day 50 of the gulf oil spill. this particular oil plume is more than 15 miles long, 5 miles wide and some 300 feet thick at depths ranging from 2,300 feet to 4,200 feet. wonder how much clean up costs will be and who's gonna pay.

Attached files

deepsouth

Feb 16, 2004
USA
Even though they are privately owned, there aren't many people around here going to BP gas stations. I think this may be the end for BP in the US. They are to be fined on the number of barrels of oil spilled, and it will amount to many billions of dollars. Add to that the cleanup costs and the compenstaion claims against them and I think they are done here.

kiwi

Aug 28, 2007
BillyBob wrote:
skeeter wrote:
wonder how much clean up costs will be and who's gonna pay.

Who's gonna pay? Who's gonna pay?...

WE are ALL gonna pay.

Just like we paid for Fannie Mae, AIG, CitiBank, GM, etc., etc.
Jacque Cousteau predicted this many years ago. His son predict's that the oil will reach Britain/Europe. The whole world will pay in one way or another.

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
On the boycott - it's my understanding that there are somewhere around 30,000 BP employees in the US. Who are we really hurting with a boycott?

deepsouth

Feb 16, 2004
USA
They are just more victims of BP's lack of regard for everyone on the Gulf Coast. BP has destroyed its brand and anyone who loses because of that should sue BP. They have an obligation to their franchisees to protect the brand and they have not done that.

g-coast

Mar 2, 2004
That spill will end up in Texas sooner than later. It's sooooooo depressing:(. What a freakin nitemare:X

Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
USA New Jersey
g-coast wrote:
That spill will end up in Texas sooner than later. It's sooooooo depressing:(. What a freakin nitemare:X
I was wondering about that. No one has mentioned that it has hit TX beaches yet, or have I missed it? Is therea normal (littoral) flow that goes east rather than west? I know that when the cat 2s and stronger start cranking up,it will push it that way.
Just curious about the typical flow.