OIL ON THE BEACH

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by deepsouth, Jun 1, 2010.

1. deepsouth

deepsouth New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA
    Makawaosurfer93 wrote:
    The way they would get involved is if the prez called the general in command of the corps and said do this starting right now or you're fired. He has the power to do that, but apparently not the inclination.

2. dewey

dewey Member

Feb 16, 2004
    St George, Ut
    PeakMaster wrote:
    Hahaha, Well Peak we have a long history of not liking each other much.But I have to say you are right on on every point that you made.Thank you for telling it JUST LIKE IT IS.I don't think there is anyone that likes what has happened with the spill and that it will most likely have a devastating effect for many years and I feel for everyone in the gulf this has and will change there lives forever.

dewey

3. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    dewey wrote:
    Dewey: Disagree,yes. Dislike: no. It is impossible for me to dislike someone I do not know.

KTF(keep the faith):dude:

4. dewey

dewey Member

Feb 16, 2004
    St George, Ut
    PeakMaster wrote:
    COOL.......

dewey:cool:

5. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    deepsouth wrote:
    The experience we have here in NJ with ACOE is that they tend to bill themselves as the "experts" and all those with limited knowledge depend on their "science " to determine if a project should go through. Like most on here that have experienced beach replenishment, the sand just goes away with a big storm, but eventually comes back. One guy actually said "that if we don't replenish the beaches they will not be there". Actually the beach will still exist, just further west. (on the east coast anyway). Another funny thing is that they think that pumping sand onto the beaches will slow down sea level rise. Not sure what science they are basing that on, but this is the type of BS that make them the laughing stock of coastal environmentalists.
    And not funny in the HAHa kind of way either.

6. deepsouth

deepsouth New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA
    Yes, their efforts are often misguided. My point is only that they do have the ability to move sand to specific locations and in this case that seems like a pretty good idea.

7. Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    deepsouth wrote:
    Sorry, I got carried away, but yes you are correct, they do have that ability.

8. dewey

dewey Member

Feb 16, 2004
    St George, Ut
    Makawaosurfer93 wrote:
    If they have the ability why aren't they doing it???

dewey

9. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    dewey wrote:
    Well I would think that Obama could at very least, influence that. Weak leader? Non leader.

10. Makawaosurfer93

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    dewey wrote:
    To Deepsouth's point, our commander-in-chief hasn't ordered it, yet.