NYC, the reality

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Tenfooter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. njrider

njrider Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    Thanks for all you and your co workers are doing...God Bless!

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Wow, from the trenches. Thanks for the report and for your hard work. Crazy shit.

3. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Yeah @Tenfooter! Thank you for sharing this. Thank you for being a do-er and not a complainer. Thank you for jumping in when this thing could do damage to you personally. You are a hero on the front lines and it's appreciated. I know folks in NYC if you need something, I don't know what it would be, but don't hesitate to ask. I also know someone that is printing loads of 3d parts for hospitals and can get things like ear savers for the masks, reusable masks for volunteers at the hospital, etc if it would help.

Do you have any insight into the idea of giving oxygen and being prone instead of using the ventilator when oxygen levels are low? Are you seeing success there with that treatment?

We really need leadership across this country to force mask wearing in public. People in general won't do it on their own and it's such a simple concept that makes sense that could have a tremendous impact on fighting this thing.

walkingtheplank likes this.
  4. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Hey Guys
    Thank you so much for all the kind words and support
    People here are really nice and bring food everyday
    I can feel the spirit and solidarity of New Yorkers
    When you say NY strong, it Is not a joke
    Is a reality and I am blessed and proud to help them.
    Gladly I see a small decline in the severity of this crap. In the sense
    that is not the mayhem I saw ten days ago. We are kind of fixing and dealing with all the complications of the guys who survived, and now are chronically fighting it. I never seen things like that. I don't want to go into technical scary details, but this motherfucker can bring on the game things that are so rare, and lethal as well. But here we are to deal with them.
    I see we are kind of going into a plateau, with not so many new cases, which is good.
    But sadly, as I was following nations trend, yesterday all hell went loose.
    I went to Central Park and witnessed a convention of massive proportions of retards gathering, picnics, jogging, biking, etc. And 60 % of them with NO MASK.
    I was having the feeling that people were already tired of quarantine, but that crap was so wrong. I understand you get bored, you wanna go out, socialize, etc.
    Well, then deal with the consequences, which may include getting the virus, passing it into your loved ones, getting intubated, end up in ICU, tracheostomy, Dialysis, stroke, Heart failure, or even worst; surviving and dealing with the loss of a loved one that you infected.

yes, the whole deal sucks, but until there's a cure, stay the fuck inside and away from people.
    Look at those idiots going en masse to the Florida beaches, WTF are they thinking?

As far as treatment, someone asked me about avoiding intubation and getting in the prone position. If you can, You will do both. But sadly, I am dealing with the sickest of the sickest in ICU. I am also in a team who goes to the floor to evaluate the guys who get decompensated, and I try my best not to intubate them and bring them to ICU, they been fighting it bravely for weeks, and If I can avoid it, I ll do it. But some others have no choice.
    Proning is really good, helps a lot in improving oxygenation. Not easy to do, but we do it all the time.

Anyway, lets hope this will pass, and the second wave will be nicer, but there will be one. Be prepared.
    For the ones who offer beer, thank you so much. Is a temptation to me to say, just send good IPA. But for now, lets use in a better moment. As a gathering of all of US to celebrate this shit is gone.

Be safe

Sebastian

5. DJR

DJR Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    You sir made my eyes swell for minute

6. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Thank you going going into the Breach. I can not imagine what you have done. You and the rest of the first the medical teams on the front line deserve the nations Thanks.

7. nitsuj

nitsuj Active Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Good IPAs are my jam. When you're back home hit me up and I'll get some of the best from PNW headed your way. Til then, stay safe.

8. Shev

Shev Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Thank you sir. You are an inspiration. My hope is that people take your words and others on the front lines to heart and endure some inconvenience and discomfort in favor of keeping everyone safe.

9. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    stay well and healthy Sebastian! so true about this is not the end and there being a second wave and more...people better get used to that reality

10. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Stay safe ..brother..
    Much props to you.