NY and NJ surfers -- wave pool session interest?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Nilus, Sep 23, 2020.

1. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Can we come, not surf and just cheer/taunt from the stands? Is there a bar or is it BYO?

2. Walnuts

Walnuts Active Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Long Beach, NY
    I'm also in. When times and dates come together, let me know. Might have a buddy or two that would be interested as well if we need the numbers.

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    That's a great idea. We could add an element of realism by having a peanut gallery of guys standing around sipping coffee at the entrance and making up reasons why they're not paddling out.

kpd73, Spritzer, justsomedude and 4 others like this.
  4. Zzz

Zzz Active Member

Aug 15, 2017
    CA
    Right, like waiting for the tide to rise or the wind to turn.

5. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    would love to just to check one of these things out - Rona got me down - im immunosuppressed so the ocean is my only goto for now -
    past 6 months have been ocean- then home - literally no where else (maybe supermarket late night a handfull of times)

Chilly Willy likes this.
  6. jerseymike

jerseymike Member

Feb 19, 2004
    While your at it , bring your ski ‘s. The snow quality ( not the slope ) gets great reviews .

7. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    We are actually planning on snowboarding the park as well. :)

Neil, we will consider making a special trip to see you at one of the old haunts if the waves cooperate. Don't worry, the ocean is still our preference! And yes, we wish we were in Jersey earlier this week.

Peanut gallery limited to the parking lot unless you want to chip in to heckle. In that case, bring it on.

I should also mention that I believe board rentals/trials are included in privates. But I don't believe they have any Andreinis, Fowlers, Fryes, or, well, really anything else most of you would actually want to surf.

Everyone else, I'm trying to firm some stuff up. Still all up in the air but the window is looking like it would be a day between 10/26 and 10/31.

In the meantime, I've posted this before I think, but here's an edit from our trip to Waco. I make a cameo on the 4GF surf mat.

sightpoint and dingdong like this.
  8. sightpoint

sightpoint Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Shouldn't a wave pool wave not be sectioning?

9. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    A lot of that footage is the air setting and the backdoor barrel setting, I believe. For the airs, it's a sectioning wave by design. They say they have other settings, including "down the line rights and lefts."

sightpoint likes this.
  10. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    on a sidenote...didn't your daughter just start surfing last year? she's super good now...you must be stoked