NY and NJ surfers -- wave pool session interest?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Nilus, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    So there's a very good chance my daughter and I will be heading to the NJ/NY area sometime in October and we're interested in booking a session (anywhere from an hour to several hours) at the pool opening near the Meadowlands.

I've been in touch with the operators and basically we're going to need to book privates because of COVID restrictions. Registration just opened today and while I don't have my hard dates yet, I'm wondering if anybody on here would be interested if we end up getting a group together. Pricing is $1800 an hour so the amount would be divided between whatever number end up attending. Based on my Waco experience (same underlying technology), I'm thinking 9 total would be ideal but that's just a starting point. That would be $200 a person per hour and more waves than you ever get in a week of regular surfing. That said, it can accommodate 20 people max and I assume we would want to book multiple hours if possible.

While my daughter is mostly interested in the air and barrel settings, my understanding is that they can essentially dial "a playlist" of different waves for different people and their preferences. In other words, cruisers and alternative equipment folks -- even beginners -- would be happy. Personally, I found the intermediate setting at BSR to be a perfect replication of small Rincon cove ... perfect for mids, fishes, etc. (I rode a bonzer MBLV.)

Anyway, we have other people we might reach out to but I figured I'd post here just to see. You can PM me or reply here if you're at all interested ...

Nilus

2. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Also, if you want to complain about wave pools, the Olympics, kids who rip, paying for waves, or other related topics, make a separate thread so I can ignore it. :)

Makawaosurfer93 likes this.
  3. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
  4. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Yew, would be super fun to see you again!

5. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
  6. Zzz

Zzz Active Member

Aug 15, 2017
    CA
    PA surfers not invited?

7. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Haha, I'm from PA and one has already expressed interest so yes. Actually, all surfers invited ... it's just easier to headline the adjacent ocean states. Besides, PA has had a wave pool since the 80s.

8. Nilus

Nilus Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    And yes, freddi, that's the place.

9. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
  10. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Would enjoy surfing with you again but not there. What good happens in The Meadowlands? Jimmy Hoffa? The news is loads of surfers from the Left coast just flew East to find waves in the ocean. Fair is fair.....ignore.

Lost interest during the brain eating micro organism thing.

Lackosense likes this.