Non-coastal Used Surfboards 4 Sale

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Ok, I’m going to try to kick this out there for posting up surfboards sold well away from the beaches. For example, Denver Colorado Craigslist sales of surfboards or Dallas or Michigan or you get it “landlocked” places that somehow a legit surfboard is being sold....

If this has already been done, let me know and I will kill this thread.

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Thoughts on this old Pacific Beach Surf Shop old longboard being sold in Denver. How much would it go for on the east or west coast? Not sure how it is priced for even the coastal areas....

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/aurora-60s-longboard-surfboard/7331005897.html
F55B1639-0CEE-4411-81BC-AD184925E48C.jpeg

Last edited:

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
“How much would it go for” depends on condition details that you cannot determine from this ad (how far into the nose is the blank rotted?) and how much time you will wait for it to sell. I think it would difficult to sell it for $300 in this condition on the west coast. At the start of the Covid summer in the northeast maybe you could get that or maybe slightly more if you found the right buyer. I don’t think anyone on here would be interested at that price given the damage and brand but I could be wrong. That nose is going to cost $100 or more to fix professionally and isn’t a simple job for the amateur ding repair person.

What else is lurking for sale in Denver?

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
Ok, I could resist. This is the only thing sort of interesting I found in a WTF is it kind of way. This might be a late ‘80s or ‘90s gun that’s been heavily painted. The fins and leash plug look real and the pressures also look like an actual board. Maybe the Hawaii story is true? Might be fun to offer $20 and see what lurks beneath the paint:

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
“How much would it go for” depends on condition details that you cannot determine from this ad (how far into the nose is the blank rotted?) and how much time you will wait for it to sell. I think it would difficult to sell it for $300 in this condition on the west coast. At the start of the Covid summer in the northeast maybe you could get that or maybe slightly more if you found the right buyer. I don’t think anyone on here would be interested at that price given the damage and brand but I could be wrong. That nose is going to cost $100 or more to fix professionally and isn’t a simple job for the amateur ding repair person.

What else is lurking for sale in Denver?
Not my board for sale but wondered what the coastal collectors would pay for it. Not many collectors out here in Denver but we often see boards for sale from people who moved out here. Some can be a great score and some are not.... Actually most people buy these used surfboards to river surf... Here is a vid of an never used fish I scored on Denver Craigslist for an ok deal. I like to surf it on this mellow river wave minutes from Denver.
Craigslist Denver being river surfed.

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
Not my board for sale but wondered what the coastal collectors would pay for it. Not many collectors out here in Denver but we often see boards for sale from people who moved out here. Some can be a great score and some are not.... Actually most people buy these used surfboards to river surf... Here is a vid of an never used fish I scored on Denver Craigslist for an ok deal. I like to surf it on this mellow river wave minutes from Denver.
Craigslist Denver being river surfed.
Understood. I think the board you pointed out is too beat up and generally not a from a brand collectors would want.

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Understood. I think the board you pointed out is too beat up and generally not a from a brand collectors would want.
Thanks for the insight on that PB Surf Shop board!!! If I keep an eye on anything else of interest from Denver for sale and I will post it up (for example some guy was selling a re-issue Lopez Lightning Bolt last year)... Hope other landlocked surfers do the same and post up cool boards for sale in places like Arizona, Utah, etc. where Cali folks move to and are just not ready to surf some local wave pool (another topic in itself- 2 showing up in Mesa, AZ see vid of one) and instead will sell their boards they still have...

Standing Wave Pool Opening 2022 in Mesa, AZ

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Missoula... Nice! They have good river waves to surf there and a local river surfing scene.... Not sure if the 9' would fit on their river waves... Nice board

longboardkook

Jun 19, 2020
Denver, ColoRADo
Thoughts on this old Pacific Beach Surf Shop old longboard being sold in Denver. How much would it go for on the east or west coast? Not sure how it is priced for even the coastal areas....

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/aurora-60s-longboard-surfboard/7331005897.html View attachment 31313
So I went and checked this board out. It is actually in amazingly good shape. Condition looks worse in the Craigslist photos. Board is solid, dry, stored in a garage, and it is glassed and not painted. The guy who owns it got it from friend who also surfed and passed away. Funny thing about it the guy who is selling it is a landlocked surfer. When I went to his house, the latest issue of Surfers Journal was stuck in his mail slot... First question I asked was, "Wait you have a Surfers Journal subscription, why are you selling this board?" His response is that he has always wanted to restore it but doesn't think he can get round to it... I had thought the board was being unloaded by someone who really didn't care about the board and got it from wherever and I was going to grab a beat up board to goof round on for say a $100 and just go surf it in the river.... In the end, I told the guy to keep it and not let it go for cheap because it is actually gem from his memories and actually in good shape... Bet he would sell it for $300 as offered but hell if I was going to rip this dude off for a $100....
EFD5E203-8E94-4925-BC09-B4DAD38B6336.jpeg

Last edited: