New York in early September

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
What are water temps like that time of year?
Everyone said it- im usually in my summer outfit then. Short or long Johns and maybe a top if it’s chilly.

Got big n small Andreini’s, a pair of liddles, and a wave storm if that’s your flavor. Welcome to whatever.

If we get lucky with a nice W wind and some S swell definitely come on down.

dsquare

May 16, 2013
USA Hawaii
Love this group and appreciate the offers! My wife will be stoked to know we have some support. I'll reach out to a few of you when I know more.

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Good month for possible consistent swell. W winds are straight offshore in Northern NJ, N winds are offshore on Long Island. Keep an eye on Magicseaweed and Windy.com. I’m too far South but someone will get you hooked up.

NJ Longboarder

Jan 3, 2005
Are we free to search Hawaii craigslist for boards for you to bring out with you? I keep it to less than 4 and under 10ft. I kid.

Let us know closer to go time and we have you covered with boards. I have some extras I lend out and if the timing is off for your trip, I can drop them off ahead of time and pick up later.

Like seniorgrom said, pay attention to winds. LI and NJ have different exposures so the conditions can be drastically different. Can get to either location within similar effort.

dsquare

May 16, 2013
USA Hawaii
I'm happy to bring anything from Hawaii you want. If you see something on CL on Kauai let me know! I'd be shocked though unless your looking for something from Hamilton or Brewer and those go pretty quickly. I do think our local shapers, especially Papa Sau and Lance Ebert make pretty good boards for the Kauai breaks, but those go super fast and are tough to find on sale.

$4 slippers, Kauai coffee, Kauai cookies, and cheap snorkeling set ups are easy to find though.

Is a NJ coastline from Brooklyn trip a car rental or train trip? Which is easier?

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
I'm happy to bring anything from Hawaii you want. If you see something on CL on Kauai let me know! I'd be shocked though unless your looking for something from Hamilton or Brewer and those go pretty quickly. I do think our local shapers, especially Papa Sau and Lance Ebert make pretty good boards for the Kauai breaks, but those go super fast and are tough to find on sale.

$4 slippers, Kauai coffee, Kauai cookies, and cheap snorkeling set ups are easy to find though.

Is a NJ coastline from Brooklyn trip a car rental or train trip? Which is easier?
45m to an hour and 15 by car vs 90m to 110m by train (would be happy to pick you up from train with enough notice)

car is definitely easier but train is cheaper and doable.

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC

Car is easier once in NJ.