New Tech

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Be sure to get your bracelets...and a hat and a beach chair and a t-shirt or 6. It's for a a good cause.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
It's a personal choice what people chose to spend their $ on. Like surfboards, they can go to Costco or buy a Lightning Bolt...... or buy used for that matter.
I don't see the reasoning for passing judgement on somebody else''s decision whether they buy Irish Spring or Lava.....

miscreant

May 20, 2016
...I don't see the reasoning for passing judgement on somebody else''s decision ....
also Bruce Fowler
01CAF821-6591-41AD-83C1-F6AD790EF2EC.jpeg

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Fiber helps......... I know cuz I've tried it. Hardly a caustic statement by comparison. Besides, I didn't start it. - "we don't need to escalate"..... BUT I'm not gonna cower in the face of being bullied for no apparent reason. Seems like a lot of anger inside someone....... hope it doesn't feel inside like what is externally doled out to unsuspecting bystanders.
There's enough HATE in this world already. I'm still surprised the original post was received with such animosity, but then that became personal for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Alas, every Social Media format has got its fair share of malcontents and when you join the Circus, you should expect any number of clowns.

I need a bright spot of positivity & reason:
Kind of missed the point there but you did a good job of rationalizing.
See how righteous you are? Just like I said.

"Bullied"??

Last edited:

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Bruce,

If authoring a topic of this nature makes you feel virtuous, then I guess there is that.

If authoring a topic of this nature doesn’t make you feel virtuous, then there is that also.

Either way, you’ll either use less single use plastic yourself, or you won’t.

Roughly speaking, what percent of the surfboards you’ve made are built using petrochemicals?

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
If we totally eliminate "single-use" plastic bags what are those people who leave their nicely packaged dog shit on sidewalks, beaches, trails, parking lots, etc. for others to pick up gonna use? Gotta think this through, selfish lazy people could suffer.
1669820610883.png

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Some of Bruce's efforts to delete his blathering are offset by the use of the quote button.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
If we totally eliminate "single-use" plastic bags what are those people who leave their nicely packaged dog shit on sidewalks, beaches, trails, parking lots, etc. for others to pick up gonna use? Gotta think this through, selfish lazy people could suffer.
View attachment 51731
The other day surfing the point.. low tide.. as we came out .. we saw one of these left on the side of the cliff..
So someone walked their dog(I have a dog . I pick up after my boy) and bagged lassie crap, but somehow couldn’t take it up the stairs?

As for geese ..Peakage
a) Canadians..they’re hosers..
b) they’re geese.. food, not pets