New Tech

xaaronx

Jun 12, 2021
Wilmington, NC
1669395716747.png

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
I think this is a worthy project given the scope of the problem. OUR BODIES are being infected with a "micro-plastic" epidemic while single use plastic waste chokes our oceans, kills coral reefs, and fills waterways on a daily basis. Jacques Cousteau imust be turning in his grave.
What a crock of shit.

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Last edited:

606venezia

Jul 28, 2021
Agua Fria
I think this is a worthy project given the scope of the problem. OUR BODIES are being infected with a "micro-plastic" epidemic while single use plastic waste chokes our oceans, kills coral reefs, and fills waterways on a daily basis. Jacques Cousteau imust be turning in his grave.
Interesting!

Bruce are you invested / have you seen any of the product in person?

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Bruce,

I see your original post as bringing a potential solution to a situation you identify as problematic.

I’d like to hear your thoughts after watching this video:

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
I've requested a prospectus. Some of the products are in the videos but they also make it clear that they can produce the products using different production methods for the many products that are currently single use plastics, or, as in the case of produce bags used in grocery stores, those bags are not getting recycled very often (if at all) due to getting caught & cleared in the machinery being used.

Single use plastic is a gigantic problem. Their approach makes a ton of sense in that they are addressing the issue BEFORE the consumer purchases a product. I know a lot of people that don't want to be bothered with recycling, which may or may not be the case with my own personal Hater I have attracted on this thread. I have two very special words for low brow individuals like that, but since I aspire to be a gentleman, I refrain from using them.

Most surfboards being made today ARE plastic and if something is plastic, it is almost assuredly a petroleum product. I'm not against Oil per se, but how we manage our natural resources is of great import. Surfboards, both PUPE (Polyester Polyurethane) & Epoxy/EPS have had the ability to be recycled or comprised of plant based alternatives for a long time now........ well over a decade. The PUPE recycling program has been plagued with false starts and/or limited success. Plant based epoxies, as well as alternative reinforcement to conventional fiberglasses has met with mild to moderate success. The surfboard industry is largely a creature of convenience and whatever is easiest & most cost effective still wins the day.

As far as the Hater in this thread telling me to "shut up" and his/her personal opinion that what these guys are doing is "a crock of shit", he/she/it doesn't substantiate the statement with any relative basis for making the statement. That individual has a right to their feelings, but since there isn't anything communicated above or beyond an emotional outbreak, all I can view it as is verbal garbage with no substance.

I think there were people against the lightbulb when it was first introduced.
That idiotic show, "60 Minutes" gained popularity with their sensationalist journalism on prime time TV decades ago by ranting about horrific issues that were all going to become huge problems for everyone. Not one issue in any episode resulted in any impactful result in my, yours or anyone's lives.
You mention single use plastic bags. Where the fuck did the term "single use" come from? They were probably the most repurposed consumer item invented. Hard to find where they are legal now. So your rant effectively proves that banning them has had zero effect.

Now write a book about it.

Last edited:

PeakMaster

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey CMC
Covid can be eradicated by drinking household bleach too, right? Ain't no such thing as global warming, mercury posioning from eating dolphin, and the tobacco industry got a bum wrap. All those things are sensationalized. If they're not getting sensationalized, then they are certainly getting politicized.

Forget learnign anything new or being open to any studies that might alert us toward being careful or taking an in depth look at something. And those photgraphs of dead fish.... or turtles or birds that choked on plastic packaging is just idiotic sensationalizing of stuff that doesn't count for shit.

I'm for ME, and that's ALL that matters. I think I'll "write a book" all about ME.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Industry Action

OPS and allies are calling on Congress to regulate PFAS (forever chemicals) that continue to contaminate our drinking water and food.

The per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a group of chemicals commonly used in plastics production because fluoropolymer coatings and products resist heat, oil, stains, grease, and water.

PFAs are popular in plastic food packaging because these chemicals create an effective barrier that prevents flavorings and fragrances from slowly leaching from of containers and protects containers from cracking or degrading.

These “forever chemicals” can take thousands of years to degrade in nature, and contaminate our drinking water, food, and soil.

These toxic chemicals have been linked to high blood pressure, cancer and harm to reproductive and immune systems.

As if the physical harm of macro and microplastics is not enough—literally choking marine life and finding their ways into our bodies—the chemical components of plastic directly threaten our health.
You jump to a lot of conclusions and make a lot of assumptions.
But all good bro. You should jump full bore into investing your entire life savings with Timeplast. Looks like a stellar investment. You can join the community trying to save the planet...make your long overdue contribution and make a fortune while doing so...a true win win. Jettison this rat race and go for it!