New members

Agsp

Jun 1, 2021
Arroyo Grande
I
I say this with TLC from bottom of my heart
Fuck new members
I say this with TLC from the bottom of my heart…fuck anyone over the age of 50. Now obviously I don’t feel that way. I’m just proving a point since I am a “new member”. I love it when people say fuck people! And my response is your a person…

I’ve been surfing for 4 years (haven’t had access to coast prior) and have been completely consumed by longboarding. I love learning to noseride, I love learning about different shapers and the history of surfing, and I love how different I feel mentally and physically from surfing; which is what led me to find this forum. Yes there are new people who are here for the classifieds or to get in your way in the lineup but how is this different then anything else in life? New members need the wisdom and guidance from seasoned members and seasoned members need the innovation and passing of tradition on to new members.

Yesterday, a 21-year-old paddled up behind me and politely asked if he was in my way. Which reminded me that instead of being angry at other people who are interested in the same thing I am and want to be a part of the community (I say “the” community and not “our” because I still feel like someone who doesn’t belong in the surf community thanks to many attitudes likes yours)..we should be educating, guiding, and sharing the stoke with others.

You can be divisive and say Fuck x group. I know nothing about you except that you’re profile says your 51 and have been a member since 2004 which means you joined the forum when you were close to my age. Just remember your were a new member once.

Oh and I can read your old posts. On a recent post your advice to someone going to Baja was to find a “smart Latino” to go with. I would challenge you to rethink the way you approach people or groups who are different than you or in your perspective know less than you and aren’t worthy of the forums time.

“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”

Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
Rockaway, NY
I

I say this with TLC from the bottom of my heart…fuck anyone over the age of 50. Now obviously I don’t feel that way. I’m just proving a point since I am a “new member”. I love it when people say fuck people! And my response is your a person…

I’ve been surfing for 4 years (haven’t had access to coast prior) and have been completely consumed by longboarding. I love learning to noseride, I love learning about different shapers and the history of surfing, and I love how different I feel mentally and physically from surfing; which is what led me to find this forum. Yes there are new people who are here for the classifieds or to get in your way in the lineup but how is this different then anything else in life? New members need the wisdom and guidance from seasoned members and seasoned members need the innovation and passing of tradition on to new members.

Yesterday, a 21-year-old paddled up behind me and politely asked if he was in my way. Which reminded me that instead of being angry at other people who are interested in the same thing I am and want to be a part of the community (I say “the” community and not “our” because I still feel like someone who doesn’t belong in the surf community thanks to many attitudes likes yours)..we should be educating, guiding, and sharing the stoke with others.

You can be divisive and say Fuck x group. I know nothing about you except that you’re profile says your 51 and have been a member since 2004 which means you joined the forum when you were close to my age. Just remember your were a new member once.

Oh and I can read your old posts. On a recent post your advice to someone going to Baja was to find a “smart Latino” to go with. I would challenge you to rethink the way you approach people or groups who are different than you or in your perspective know less than you and aren’t worthy of the forums time.

“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”
Lol as a matter of fact Tenfooter is the "smart latino" albeit very grumpy.

As for your whole "unity in the community" vibe...i dig it...but i have to side with tenfooter here and say...
20210713_163805.jpg

In all seriousness man, don't take anything anyone says here seriously. We are all shitty people when we are not surfing.

Last edited:

GearNut

May 7, 2009
USA Maryland
Maybe 10footer is just feelin' a lil left out of the "find me a __________" action. So I have taken the liberty of finding him some 10' stuff:

10' board bag:

10' surfboard (cheap):

10' longboard (expensive):

10'10 "Glider" (uh oh, are we okay with it not being 11'??) but theres some sweet flame action on the board to help you roast all these new member kooks!!!:

Hopefully that puts a 10 foot smile on everyone's face!
Nice list, except 10footer is on the East Coast I think

VTALongboarder

Mar 25, 2021
Ventura, CA
New Member here and I very much enjoyed this post, thank you. To reiterate what Agsp said above, not all New Members are new surfers though, to echo the post above, this year marks my 30th year surfing. Guess I am just a little slow on the surfing forum searching. I hope to learn and contribute where I can...