New Board Stoke Thread

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
Loving that vBowls! How long was that wait? I was recently told Ryan is in the 290-300 range for CA orders and I'm at 395, so I had them transfer my order to Oahu lol. I likely can't make cool glassing requests, but they should be able to accommodate art on the blank at least.

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
Loving that vBowls! How long was that wait? I was recently told Ryan is in the 290-300 range for CA orders and I'm at 395, so I had them transfer my order to Oahu lol. I likely can't make cool glassing requests, but they should be able to accommodate art on the blank at least.
Oh that is the shit!
Love it

Hey wait a minute was this the deposits we bought off the other guys????
This board came from the deposit I purchased from @brothernature who originally placed it in Dec of ‘20 so board completion was right in the 1.5-2 year window Ryan was quoting for customs. When I had my consult with him he mentioned it was going to be glassed by Joe Yee (one of the Trimcraft shapers) who he spoke highly of. Sounds like he’s sending Joe boards that don’t involve crazy color/fabric requests which reduces turnaround times (I’ve heard Watermans is pretty backed up).

brothernature

Jun 17, 2020
CA
This board came from the deposit I purchased from @brothernature who originally placed it in Dec of ‘20 so board completion was right in the 1.5-2 year window Ryan was quoting for customs. When I had my consult with him he mentioned it was going to be glassed by Joe Yee (one of the Trimcraft shapers) who he spoke highly of. Sounds like he’s sending Joe boards that don’t involve crazy color/fabric requests which reduces turnaround times (I’ve heard Watermans is pretty backed up).
Glad you got it! I ended up with a lovemachine FM last week, so it all worked out :)

ccsurfer

Oct 14, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Been really enjoying my new Michel Junod courtesy of the @Matt barracuda board train.

9’9 x 23 1/2 x 3 1/4

Really different than any of my other longboards, with more nose rocker than tail, no concave, with double barrel concave through the V, and rails turned down without edge.

Turns out the combination works really well, and the sensation of speed is awesome. Can actually feel it want to accelerate through a turn instead of bogging like a softer railed board. Using a 10” flying diamonds involvement fin which feels perfect.

As always Michel was a pleasure to work with, and a 2 week turnaround for a custom board these days feels otherworldly.
I have a 9'7 Junod "Nowski" model that sounds like the complete opposite of your board (reverse rocker, concave in the nose to flat, 50/50 rails throughout, a little piggy). Picked it up about a year ago on the CL and its the best LB I've ridden to date. Also, it's a tank. Would highly recommend.

ks77

Jan 16, 2007
LA, CA
Picked up my new bonzer speed egg with e-wing. 7'4" x 21-1/2" x 2-11/16" Think this one is going to have been worth the wait.

PXL_20220929_201216295.jpg

PXL_20220929_201240055.jpg PXL_20220929_201418314.jpg