NeedEssentials wetsuits

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Komaiaboyz, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Active Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Anyone have experience with these suits? If so, what do you think?

JMJackFish likes this.
  2. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    I think they are long gone....I did like them a lot.

3. finshack

finshack Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Finland
    Had one for about a month now, 4/3 back zipper. Early days but seems great for the money. Only slight niggle the back zip flaps get caught on zip when you are trying to zip up. Apart from that seem as well made as suits twice the price.

4. icecreamheadache

icecreamheadache Active Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Rumour has it it's the same blokes from E-ssen-tial that went belly up in 2010 after trying the same thing with Matuse-level neoprene. Two of my mates picked up the 4/3s and love them. About the same quality as a mid-line O'neill or Excel.

5. Human

Human Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Oceanside
    Lighter and warmer than my Patagonia ever was.

6. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    My buddy had a 3/2. It was great. Same suit, as was said above, as a mid-level Xcel. Stretchy and warm and incognito. Great stuff!

7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    How about fit for those of us that aren't model slim (as in overweight old guys)? Would love a chest chest zip but afraid I'll never be able to get into it. Think a back zip might work. Tried a Patagonia chest zip and could never get into it, wouldn't like to repeat that experience.

8. finshack

finshack Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Finland
    Ned, I can't get into a 5/4 Chest zip Patagonia due to shoulder injuries, and also being old and fat. Need only go up to 4/3 on the back zip but super easy to get on and off (except for the zipper niggle), I'm still wearing mine here and we're getting chilly…

9. NoseRideTheWhip

NoseRideTheWhip Active Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Sandstone Retreat, CA
    Resurrecting this thread to see if there are any new or updated opinions on these suits. I am in the market and am considering one of these or a gently used R2. All insight welcome.

10. jory

jory Active Member

Dec 25, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Got a 3/2 fast dry chest zip

Decent suit & excellent value for the money. As above, like a mid range “normal” brand. Easy enough to get on and off and holding up well so far. There are probably warmer 3/2s out there for more moolah

JMJackFish likes this.