My Second Bone Marrow Transplant

cheyneskeezer

May 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
Done! Good luck God speed. I lost a dear friend after beating bone cancer twice to a infection after he was in the clear. Be strong have faith and stay healthy !

dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
Florida USA
Thank you so much, to everybody. Jammers really are very special folks!!

On Wednesday I had my first "official" talk with my Transplant case manager/NP in Nashville. We know each other so it was pretty much just a matter of letting her "check" off all of her official question "boxes". We did talk about the process schedule, and she was using the word "weeks" where I had previously assumed "months" so, it is all going to move forward a lot sooner than I would have expected. When I do get to Nashville there will be a couple of "check in" and such days then pretty much strait into the Bone Marrow unit at the hospital. 6 days of VERY INTENSE chemo, one day off, then I will receive my transplant. From there I will be held inpatient for 10 to 14+ days, until my blood "numbers" recover enough for me to be sent back to the hotel. From there I will go to the Bone Marrow clinic every 2 to 3 days for check-ups, for AT LEAST 100 days! There is always a 10% chance of rejection this-and-that. She made it clear that Nashville will be my Bone Marrow Doctors for the rest of my life; the local VA will only be used for everyday medical things. If there would be any minor "questions", I will be flown to Nashville. I have a very long journey ahead but at least I know that the folks in Nashville really are pretty much The Best In The World when it comes to Bone Marrow and Stem Cells!! I used to be a FSU Seminole but, I am now a Vanderbilt Commodore!!! I am so very lucky!!!

Last edited: