My latest fins for sale thread

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by dingpatch, Jul 21, 2019.

1. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Just got 4 more done, , , ,

1. SOLD. 9 3/4 inch Bing Noserider style with a 6 1/2 inch base. Sunrise glue-up of Cherry and Oak. The oak is from the 19th Century. The board was rough mill cut from a old bridge timber and was labeled "Lincoln". I asked and was told that it came from the original "Lincoln Memorial Bridge", where ever that might have been. Clear light green bead is filled with chopped gun roving. Glassed with 2 layers of 6 ounce E glass. $70 plus any mailing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SOLD. 9 3/4 inch Bing Noserider style with a 6 1/2 inch base. Sunrise glue-up of Fir and Aspen. Clear light blue/green bead is filled with chopped gun roving. Glassed with 2 layers of 6 ounce E glass. $70 plus any mailing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SOLD 9 1/4 inch Heritage type with a 6 1/2 inch base. Sunrise glue-up of Cedar and Aspen. Blue/green bead is filled with cut strand for strength and visual effect. Glassed with 2 layers of 6 ounce E glass. $70 plus any mailing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SOLD 9 1/2 inch Spoon style fin with an 8 1/2 inch base. Sunrise glue-up of Cherry and Aspen. Transparent green bead is filled with chopped gun roving. Glassed with 2 layers of 6 ounce E glass. $70 plus any mailing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
  3. Tenderloin Tom

Tenderloin Tom Member

Jan 2, 2017
    West side
    I'll take # 3
    pm ed

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  4. dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
  5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Number 4 might be the purtiest of them all. Someone buy this and keep my fin collection from spreading like weed(s). ;)

6. dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    all gone, , , , , , , , , , , but I've got a bunch more in the works with Koa, Wiliwili, Lace, Padauk, Mahogany, et., , , , , ,

7. SharkB8

SharkB8 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
  8. dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    I'm not happy with how the "sealing" coat went off on most of them, some of these woods have chemistries that just hate, hate, hate, poly resin. The padauk is THE WORST, the poly just sat there in its liquid state for a couple days! It gets sanded off prior to foiling but I have to seal the wood from the pigments in the bead casting/molding step. Anyway, there are a few that I will post pics of and let you Eager Beavers pick what color beads you want.