Modified Hitachi P 20ST Planer

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
This was a gift when we moved to Ventura. I shaped one board and started building vans shortly afterwards.

Now I build vans for a living and the lop sided log I shaped has been cut in half and reshaped by a stoked grom.

You can read more about the planer and it’s modifications to cut foam below.

Im not sure what’s a reasonably asking price for this and it has no use to me in my new craft.

Maybe $325 or best offer? I’ll include a shapers square and a set of wooden calipers. The planer comes in the original case.

Local pick up in Ventura. Ill take it to my local shipping store if the buyer is willing to pay for their packaging and shipping.

Text will get the fastest response at (561) 459 7517!

Yew Y’all,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
Here’s the most recent van that I delivered to Ogden, Utah! This is a lot more “homey” than the vans I like to build.

I’ve got two 170 4x4 sprinters in the driveway at the moment that are having much more rugged build outs.

I always say I’m going to post more pictures or videos to social media platforms but I never get around to it.
24F5279E-D698-4484-9235-364597711EFE.jpeg

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
You my friend, are a talented craftsman.
Thanks, brother! Tomorrow is my last day at my “real” job and then I can focus on building full time.

I’ll have more time to share with the forum as well, I’d love to get member feedback around what makes a great surf vehicle.

Once we move I’ll be building rigs meant for daily strike missions and one to two weeks on the road. The rigs ive built so far have all been more “tiny home” than adventure rig.

Sky

Aug 30, 2020
Southern California
Thanks, brother! Tomorrow is my last day at my “real” job and then I can focus on building full time.

I’ll have more time to share with the forum as well, I’d love to get member feedback around what makes a great surf vehicle.

Once we move I’ll be building rigs meant for daily strike missions and one to two weeks on the road. The rigs ive built so far have all been more “tiny home” than adventure rig.
I would love to see what one of those adventure/surf rigs look like. Just out of curiosity, how long does the average build take? I’ve seen people try to make their own rigs, nothing as good as this.. super cool regardless. Definitely more comfortable than sleeping in a tent and/or the back of a truck bed.

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
I would love to see what one of those adventure/surf rigs look like. Just out of curiosity, how long does the average build take? I’ve seen people try to make their own rigs, nothing as good as this.. super cool regardless. Definitely more comfortable than sleeping in a tent and/or the back of a truck bed.
All of our friends that we camp with that tent/truck bed camp are always jealous when we pull up. Cold beer in the fridge, diesel fired heater at night, room to stand up and slide into your wetsuit, hot showers after surf etc lol

Once I move I’ll be duplicating the same van over and over - adjusting the colors for my clients but otherwise I just want to offer one van “layout.” In that concept it wouldn’t take more than 30 days.

The last four rigs I’ve built have been huge and totally custom so those take closer to 3 - 5 months.

Reactions: Sky

geester

Oct 2, 2008
Congrats on your freedom!! Where is your next move to?

Is your concentration going to be on the 170 Sprinters? Or Transit vans in general?

Awesome work....

KDenning

May 14, 2015
Ventura, CA
Congrats on your freedom!! Where is your next move to?
Thanks Pal! Up to the western Sierra outside of the Lake Tahoe basin!

Just me and fiancé and our two dogs in a 660 square foot cabin BUT there’s a separate warehouse for my workshop and my fiancé’s ceramics studio. Dream come true.