Mitsven Modern Classic?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Dopesandwich, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dopesandwich

Dopesandwich New Member

Oct 27, 2017
    SoCal
    I have a few Mitsvens and love them all, but i'm curious about a log-type shape called the Modern Classic. Anybody ridden one?

My experience with Bob has been with mid-lengths, and a longer (9') magic... and i've heard he rides shorter boards himself.

I plan on reaching out to hear from the man himself, but there's nothing like a good, old ride report.

here's a pic of the shape...

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 12.21.47 PM.png

Tully, JMJackFish and DKNJ like this.
  2. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    I'm curious too...I think Vet just got one...

3. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Pick it up next week, been done for months. Hope to get it out in southern point on the way home.

davey, Tully and JMJackFish like this.
  4. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    So, what's your thoughts on this board? What kind of waves? Looks almost like a speed shape...super clean...

5. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    I'm sure there is more too it than the outline but looking at it, to me it looks kind of like a long Magic with a Thinman tail a "magic Braden" perhaps? In any event made by Mitsven it should be unreal. Congrats Vet. Let us know more after you bring it home.

Latte and Tully like this.
  6. Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Ventura
    Any updates on this board? Can't find info anywhere about it.

7. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    XoMkJjqTQZGgJLzzW9wfzw.jpg yF3MHhJLSC+%8%jlz5YgVg.jpg nP2u7J7rShqP0Upj+NInmA.jpg
    Had board for almost a month. Playing around with some fins. It has nice rocker that has worked like a champ in our dumpy surf. I've ridden it at our rebound jetty wave where it was a total blast. Also had it in the inlet on some knee high runners - it connects sections like my glider. Board has great rails and the tail is made to pivot and drive. Tim helped me with this one and I can't thank him enough. Now we need some real waves to put it through its paces. Bob and Rick are fantastic to work with and their prices are realistic. Glass work by MM.

DKNJ, sightpoint, bonzer and 2 others like this.
  8. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Stoked you connected with that MMC. I've gotten some quality waves on mine this spring/summer season. Super projection on bottom turns, cover some distance! And your board came out unreal. Slide on .....

JMJackFish likes this.
  9. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    I have a couple of Mitsven's and will get another, but that shape just doesn't do it for me...purely aesthetic...

10. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    Do you think the tail shape makes the difference? Would a round pin work as well?