McNeill Rasta TT

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Finally found one, a 6-0 in practically new condition. Would like to hear from anyone who has ridden one, what their impressions are, and what type of waves it's best for. Looks like more of a performance fish than a fatter, floaty small wave type. I love the rails. Anyone?

Rasta TT.jpg

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Looks killer! Judging by the footage I have seen of Rasta I would say it’s a board for good waves.
Rasta only goes out when the surf pumps. And he can ride a toilet seat in them, for that matter. There are some regular guys that ride these, and the comments on Surfer and Boardcave had me going in this direction. But, yeah, not a groveler.

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
I have a RTT and it is more of a performance fish. It needs a punchier wave than a traditional SD fish. However in good conditions it really shines.
I've been trying to locate a viable US site for McNeill concepts but can't locate it. Have interest in a custom order. I know they were making boards for him somewhere in OC, at least there had been a place. Do you have any contact info? How did you get yours?

Hatin2perl

May 25, 2021
SoCal
I've been trying to locate a viable US site for McNeill concepts but can't locate it. Have interest in a custom order. I know they were making boards for him somewhere in OC, at least there had been a place. Do you have any contact info? How did you get yours?

Gary has closed his US manufacturing efforts at Oceanside. He said that all order will have to go through Australia now. Just fyi.

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Gary has closed his US manufacturing efforts at Oceanside. He said that all order will have to go through Australia now. Just fyi.
Thanks. I did some research on that and learned about it. Contacted him directly to confirm. So the hunt for a used 6'2" continues.

Hatin2perl

May 25, 2021
SoCal
With the conversion rate, if you can get a shipping deal or have friends flying back and forth that way, prices appear more reasonable than what’s been quoted in SoCal in the recent months/year. He said EPS flax is $1100 AUS.

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
Understood. But I have too many boards and associated guilt at this time. Don't want to spend that much on a board and would like to feel it up a bit before marrying it. So a used board somewhere in CA is preferred.

Hatin2perl

May 25, 2021
SoCal
Understood. But I have too many boards and associated guilt at this time. Don't want to spend that much on a board and would like to feel it up a bit before marrying it. So a used board somewhere in CA is preferred.
Haha. Totally understand. May need to perform a mini purge soon myself. Always good to try before committing. Agree with you. But people seem to be asking quite a bit for them these day which in a way makes a new board order from Australia somewhat less unappealing…. Perhaps not the best rabbit hole to head down though….

Best of luck to you in your quest!