Mayo 9'6" in St. Augustine - local pickup & storage help?

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
mayo-deck.jpeg
mayo-bottom.jpeg

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
update: finally swung thru St. Augustine last night to pick up the board on my way to MLB. met JBorbone @ his house, & we talked story a good 45 minutes before i left on the final leg of that long drive. deepest thanks to Johnny, a class act & saint for putting up w/my talkative ass far too late into the night.

thx again sir - great to finally meet you & complete the handoff!

mayo-waxed.jpg

Last edited:

dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
Florida USA
Mr. Mayo makes very nice boards.

"Many years ago", when Cocoa Beach Surf Co. first opened up their new building, , , , , on the 3rd floor they had a room full of various "short boards", from thrusters to twins, , , ,. about 100 boards (maybe more).

Anyway, the first time I went to the room, , , , , just from the entrance, , , , my eyes "popped" because I could "see" the Mayos mixed in with the other boards. They stood out like they were the only "new" boards in the room; all the rest looked pretty so-so compared to the Mayos.

JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
St Augustine, FL
update: finally swung thru St. Augustine last night to pick up the board on my way to MLB. met JBorbone @ his house, & we talked story a good 45 minutes before i left on the final leg of that long drive. deepest thanks to Johnny, a class act & saint for putting up w/my talkative ass far too late into the night.

thx again sir - great to finally meet you & complete the handoff!

View attachment 43917
A pleasure John! Cheers.