malibu

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by malibu_lizard, Jun 6, 2019.

1. malibu_lizard

malibu_lizard New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Watching from afar but can anyone give any info about whats goin on at Malibu???

2. thomas

thomas Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    San Diego
    I don't know but if I had a guess...Man effing with nature...

3. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    It looks like they're putting up a bunch of large rocks in front of the wall, and are aiming to redirect where the river flows into the ocean. Lots of posts on IG with pictures of the rocks being placed today, but the only person I've seen that really tried to explain it was Tyler Warren. Check his story - https://www.instagram.com/tyler_warren/?hl=en

4. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Is this a gradual erosion or something that happened quickly from a recent storm? I read a couple of years back about the river mouth moving over time and it being repositioned by a restoration project. Did that fail?

5. backtail

backtail New Member

Jun 11, 2019
    los angeles
    Joel Tudor's insta post was somewhat telling, there were some comments. If you follow clistboards, his commenters share some info.
    I'm not sure, but I think in an attempt to do something to improve the lagoon and make some development viable, businesses and the city said it would be better for the beach and lagoon long term, however some community members disagreed and knew this would expedite the erosion. If steps aren't taken it will change the quality of wave at 1st point. sorry for the vagueness, but im not sure either, just adding for discussion.

Andrew Johnson likes this.