Malibu Longboard Championships Highlights

hullogfish

Dec 22, 2006
San Diego North
No doubt Harrison Roach deserved to win. His style, crazy turns and noseriding was in another league. I actually felt his surfing was just as good or better last year, but to no avail. As lame as the “tour” is at 3 stops and 1 event is worth double the others, they got the last stop with great conditions to showcase the insane talent that’s out there.

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
Those waves man!
Conditions looked so fun. I only had patience for a few heats but had to wonder how many waves "ran away from him" because tip time trumped making sections for the judges. Seems like the scoring system stripped away all approaches to a wave save positioning for a nose ride. Maybe someday the WSL longboard tour will (re)discover 'total involvement'.
images.jpeg

Bummer Dude

Jul 8, 2019
Oak View
Conditions looked so fun. I only had patience for a few heats but had to wonder how many waves "ran away from him" because tip time trumped making sections for the judges. Seems like the scoring system stripped away all approaches to a wave save positioning for a nose ride. Maybe someday the WSL longboard tour will (re)discover 'total involvement'.
View attachment 49780
Wow never noticed how big nat young’s feet are :oops:

Maine Logger

Apr 28, 2021
Western Foothills

Members online