Magic Sam ride reports..

ToddsontheNose

Apr 23, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
i seem to remember marc telling me that the ta nat young temple was money in any sam inspired board 9-0 to 9-4.

put one in my 9-4 phillips wildcat after several years of running a california classic and i have to agree. that nat fin definitely soothes the cat
Marc gave me a 9” Volan 4A with my 9’6. I asked him why not the 9.5” Nat fin by True Ames. His response was simply “that fin is too big for a Sam.”
I got one anyway and tried it out. Couldn’t really tell too much of a difference so I ended up just keeping the 4A on it.

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
My 9’-3” phd sos has a 15 5/8” tail and the @SeniorGrom hand foiled
C3E33DED-8719-44C5-BF42-350783B25FC8.jpeg
10” Velzy template fin is $.
Disclaimer- fin choice is very subjective.

Planktom

Dec 27, 2016
Devon, UK
Looks like the PHD version of the SOS has a little more edge in the tail compared to the Spence version maybe?

What's it like in the Andreini?

Has anyone compared/owned all 3 versions, I wonder?

(I know there are others, like the Shrosbee and the Wesley etc, but we seem to have more collective experience on JB of the 3 aforementioned)

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
Looks like the PHD version of the SOS has a little more edge in the tail compared to the Spence version maybe?

What's it like in the Andreini?

Has anyone compared/owned all 3 versions, I wonder?

(I know there are others, like the Shrosbee and the Wesley etc, but we seem to have more collective experience on JB of the 3 aforementioned)

Plank.....I think Dave will agree. The tail rail picture is deceiving because of the reflection. From memory there is no hard edge at all.

Members online