Lung infection

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nedsurf, Aug 6, 2016.

1. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Sorry to bother you all but I'm curious if anyone else has run into the lung infection that I am experiencing. Been through the standard treatments and doc says it will just take time to clear but I'm about 6 weeks into not being able to breathe and coughing. Now on steroid inhaler, mucinex and lot's of advil to try to get the inflammation down.
    I've heard it is "going around" and so am curious if anyone experienced this or has a way to get my lungs to heal up and start functioning again. Needless to say my water activity is nil. Any suggestions?

2. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Yep, Mrs. Dingpatch has been going through it for a couple months now; antibiotics and inhalers. The Doctor took an Xray and said it looks like she has pneumonia, but it's not!?

3. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    Go see a Pulmonologist. Respiratory drugs have a range of sensitivities and your first round may have missed.

4. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    I had something back in 2011. From June till October. Coughing at night when I laid down. Couldn't sleep. No sleep, body wouldn't heel. I called it the Black Lung.
    I was driving home from work one day and told myself that I was getting better. Next day I started feeling better.
    Pronably just coincidence, but I do believe in keeping a positive attitude.

5. timsurfertim

timsurfertim New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    USA California
    Try over the counter Flonase for nailing the cough. Had a zombie virus last fall. Took 6 weeks to clear. Flonase helped with the remaining nagging cough. BTW, we don't heal as fast as we used to Don. On Surfari your way next week, will add my stethoscope to my quiver.

6. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    miscreant wrote:
    It's not coincidence. You are your thoughts. Everyone here is Far more powerful than they could ever imagine.

7. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Sure okay. These infections are hard to shake due to the nooks n crannies in the structure of the lung. Be careful that it doesn't progress as pneumonia can take you out.

8. bbslider001

bbslider001 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    miscreant wrote:
    This and a holistic approach rather than big pharma, but that's just me.

9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    Contact your Doctor to prescribe Singulair, the generic name is Montelukast. Taken orally, it is designed to treat asthma and reactive airway/bronco spasm episodes, which are typical with lung infections/problems.

Both my wife and I had the same malady you're describing, antibiotics didn't help, lingered for over a month, once we went onto Singulair, felt much better within a few days, over it within a week.

10. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Well and good just dont die or anything because plenty of people do including my mother.