Lovelace FM Thoughts

samb

Apr 6, 2021
Santa Cruz CA
haven't tried a power cat, but twin-finned hulls can definitely work. I had a 6'1" with a set of custom keels that worked great, a bit less tail sensitive, able to draw tighter turns, and very easy to get up on rail. Here's Steve Hadley on something similar --

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
VENICE
haven't tried a power cat, but twin-finned hulls can definitely work. I had a 6'1" with a set of custom keels that worked great, a bit less tail sensitive, able to draw tighter turns, and very easy to get up on rail. Here's Steve Hadley on something similar --
Well that video made my day. Crouching tiger, speedy twin fin

Bravoaloha

Nov 9, 2019
Jersey
Anybody have any updates/thoughts on the FM? I am waiting on the board train (and then probably will be waiting until fall for proper swell) for this.

Just super stoked, I was too curious about how this board will go to let her pass even though I don't need it and shouldn't be buying it..

Cuttlefish

May 26, 2008
Australia

Cuttlefish

May 26, 2008
Australia
Isn’t the simmons basically a twin fin hull?

I had one of Ryan’s velo sim minis. That was a really hully mini sim, lots of belly up front

It was really fun especially in junky waves ( although the template helps too obvs )

Sold it cos it was a bit big for me
@jory as soon as JaM brings my 7'er you know what back, I'm going to stick some keels in it and give it a go as the swell is supposed to back off to fun experimental levels when he comes up next week.