Lovelace FM - anyone have ride report or thoughts?

CleanHippie

May 13, 2021
Bay Area
I lucked into a 7'6 FM from another jammer, its currently on a board train and will be here next Sunday after the holidays - super stoked. Will leave a ride report once I get some time on it. I got an 8'0 v.bowls - again from another awesome jammer - and I really enjoy that board so hearing the FM described as an aggressive v.bowls brings more excitement.

nyctrim

Feb 10, 2008
USA
Was riding a 7'9" FM which felt very much like an aggressive v.bowls. Definitely worked better on a cleaner wave, and was very fast and smooth. Turns felt more turbo charged. Didn't quite have that feeling of smooth trim that you get on a v.bowls, where you can just point it down the line and enjoy the ride. Seemed more about ripping the wave than letting the wave dictate the ride. The board is for sale in Rockaway if you wanna avoid the wait.

heavymetalshop

Nov 29, 2020
405/101/10
@GNash @michael I’m looking at the 9’6 fm. I’m curious to hear a couple specifics about your experiences.

How far forward have you been able to trim from? Any 5’s?

Is it a only turn from the rear type of board or is their enough roll to turn well from the middle?

Any other intel is greatly appreciated. Peace.

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
@GNash @michael I’m looking at the 9’6 fm. I’m curious to hear a couple specifics about your experiences.

How far forward have you been able to trim from? Any 5’s? -
Front third
Is it a only turn from the rear type of board
No
or is their enough roll to turn well from the middle?
Yes
Thing moves man.

GNash

Aug 15, 2022
North Carolina

How far forward have you been able to trim from? Any 5’s?

Is it a only turn from the rear type of board or is their enough roll to turn well from the middle?

I would agree with everything Michael said. The right surfer could definitely sneak a cheaters 5 but wouldn't be necessarily be efficient trimming at that point.