Lovelace FM - anyone have ride report or thoughts?

elFlaco

Feb 7, 2019
EC
A number of months ago, somewhat impulsively after receiving a small cash windfall, I threw down a deposit on a Lovelace Thick Lizzie. I've admired my buddy's and figured I'd go for it. Was thinking it would be a versatile and long-wearing option. I'm expecting Ryan to reach out soon(ish) to discuss the board details and I'm wavering..... thinking of a different board, much less conventional: the FM

Love to hear anyone's thought, especially if you have one or have ridden one. I realize its apples to oranges with respect to Lizzie.

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
I started a similar trend last May but no feedback. It seemed like those that were interested were in a “wait and see” holding pattern, especially given the cost and wait time. Hopefully there is a Jammer out there who has taken the plunge and can give some input.

Mr. Steve

Aug 22, 2019
NJ
I started a similar trend last May but no feedback. It seemed like those that were interested were in a “wait and see” holding pattern, especially given the cost and wait time. Hopefully there is a Jammer out there who has taken the plunge and can give some input.

What is the cost these days? I think a Varial is around $1300, but not sure about other builds.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
trimcraft has a their version "powercat" more of a twin keel hull...no channels..nor front small fins..$815..around 8-16 weeks..

ryan is telling mea F/M.. 8-12 mos...not sure on exact price..i imagine $1200-1500 ish

be interesting

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
What is the cost these days? I think a Varial is around $1300, but not sure about other builds.
By the time I finished paying Uncle Sam, I it was close to $1,500 for my Lizzy but it had pin lines and multiple colors, which adds to the cost. There are some price guidelines on his website. I’m not complaining though as the craftsmanship and communication was well above what I experienced with other shapers and I really like the board. The wait was about 6 months (in 2019).

dingdong

Jan 14, 2013
USA California
I had initially really wanted an FM but after reaching out to Ryan, I decided against getting one, mostly because of the price, my vbowls is magic which I'll surf til it dies...a shaper once told me channels make a board a little more difficult to surf as there's an extra edge...so I'm not really sad about missing out on all these channeled twin shapes...but if an used one pops up! :D

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
I had initially really wanted an FM but after reaching out to Ryan, I decided against getting one, mostly because of the price, my vbowls is magic which I'll surf til it dies...a shaper once told me channels make a board a little more difficult to surf as there's an extra edge...so I'm not really sad about missing out on all these channeled twin shapes...but if an used one pops up! :D
nope..about the channels...look at my MOTE torren twin...

Bonzourno

Sep 29, 2018
Capitola
My vBowls is magic too but it’s a different animal. I’m mostly concerned with the FM possibly having too much overlap with my Lizzy which is why I’m interested in rider feedback.