Looks like Gerry Lopez sold out

Dawnpatrol

May 7, 2006
PNW
He surfed in a time when there was no real money to be made off surfing. I feel it’s fair for him to finally profit from his accomplishments.
Exactly! I once had the opportunity to talk to Gerry about this. I had one of his old posters doing an off the lip at Ala Moana. I had him sign it when a friend of his who was nearby asked him how much cash he made on all those old posters of him? He laughed at him and said not a cent!

Fishface

Oct 4, 2012
Del Mar,CA
$99? I'll buy one. Hate loaning out my boards to visitors who want to try surfing.
yeah having a house board is always a good idea. I've had a few beaters serve that purpose and they always get dinged up... I might do the same, hold my nose and pay the $100 bucks...

That comp band in the middle is part of the paper wrapping, btw

kclibman

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
yeah having a house board is always a good idea. I've had a few beaters serve that purpose and they always get dinged up... I might do the same, hold my nose and pay the $100 bucks...

That comp band in the middle is part of the paper wrapping, btw

Wait, did these just come out this week? There have been no less than four people on OfferUp selling them for $160-$180 today alone.